Pre-workout meal?

Options
So I usually go to the gym in the morning and because I don't want to feel too heavy I usally either go without breakfast or I have a Belvita biscuit and then have a 'proper' breakfast after my workout. The problem is that nowadays I feel like I'm building up such a huge appetite that by the time I get home I'm so hungry that I eat more than I should or worse off foods that I'm not supposed to eat.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can eat before my workouts that would be fairly light but at the same time would keep me full for a couple of hours?

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• reeves5
    reeves5 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've gone through several cycles of pre-work out meals. PB & J is always good. If time permits, an egg & cheese sandwich. There are always protein shakes you could try. GNC has a pretty good line called Total Lean.

Keep up the workouts and hope you find something that works for you!
  • CouchToHealthy
    CouchToHealthy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Have a look at my Banana and Oatmeal Smothie. Clean eating, filling and keeps u going uuntil snack time or after the gym :smile:
  • faridehhartwell
    faridehhartwell Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Protein shake or I've been making me Omelet with spinach bellpepper
  • Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My best advice would be an apple 30 minutes before your workout for a wake-up and energy during your workout. Then a protein bar after workout for fullness and recovery. Then you've started your day with a good dose of protein and fiber too.