A&E show "Heavy". Has anybody been watching this?

Options
I watched the first episode of A&E TV show "Heavy" last night. Unlike the other weight loss shows, it seems to be done with a bit more dignity. After I watched the show, I immediately felt like working out....and I did. Shows like this really inspire me....I also watch an episode of Hoarders early Saturday mornings to get me pumped up to clean the those from top to bottom.
What is you opinion of this show?
Watch the first episode here:
http://www.aetv.com/heavy/video/?bcpid=708870346001&bckey=AQ~~,AAAAAEK2ejU~,Ai-tVL3JZg2oCfI5Gq-uwuB9FN4BX_4u&bclid=750109443001&bctid=749541695001

Replies

• fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting this! i wanted to watch it but don't get a & e! These shows totally motivate me - I burned over 600 calories this week watching the biggest loser and rotating between my treadmill and floor exercises. I realize they're glitzy and over-produced and meant to evoke emotion but still, to watch the workouts is so inspiring!
  • rozarotti
    rozarotti Posts: 139
    Options
    I watched it Monday, and I loved it. It was very inspiring, and it seemed a bit more realistic than another show I have watched about weight loss. It was exciting to see the progress and the determination they had. I can't weight until Monday for the new episode!
    I agree with you, very inspirational!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I found it 'inspiring' as well. Although I found the crying and "I can't do this" portion a bit grating.
  • rozarotti
    Options
    thanks for posting this! i wanted to watch it but don't get a & e! These shows totally motivate me - I burned over 600 calories this week watching the biggest loser and rotating between my treadmill and floor exercises. I realize they're glitzy and over-produced and meant to evoke emotion but still, to watch the workouts is so inspiring!

If you want you can go to A&E's website and watch it there!!! :-D
  • danaaaaa
    Options
    i watch 'I Used To Be Fat' allll the time. it really motivates me
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    saw it. all I could think of was the male trainer. it's Samuel Jackson with HUGE ARMS!!!!! >.> parts of him sounded like him too! I like it better than Biggest Loser.
  • rozarotti
    Options
    saw it. all I could think of was the male trainer. it's Samuel Jackson with HUGE ARMS!!!!! >.> parts of him sounded like him too! I like it better than Biggest Loser.

Hahahahaha I thought the same!!!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Loved it and the new show on MTV, "I used to be Fat". I think both are very realistic on how hard it is to workout a lot and eat right after eating like crap. I love the trainers we've seen so far. I think they become very involved and feel, listen and work with the people very well.

I also love Hoarders and makes me feel like cleaning my house as well. Ick. Did you see the one where the dude hoarder Rats? Ughhhh so gross.
  • Mamaheatherhg
    Options
    I watched that show Tuesday night for the first time and what's funny i actually posted about it on facebook and my friend told me about this website. I stated I wanted that kind of help that is offered on Heavy and him and his wife decided to help me out!!!
  • msemejuru
    msemejuru Posts: 229
    Options
    I did watch "Heavy" and thought it was inspiring. I agree with the other poster, the crying made no sense. The woman was like "I am doing alot but I can do more" and then she would cry for 20 min. and go around telling people should could do more. I also like "I used to be fat" where people have to lose all the weight in the real world, no one month booster at a clinic.
  • franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    Options
    oh yes very inspiring :happy:
  • spuzo
    spuzo Posts: 50
    Options
    I watched it and I too found it inspiring. But I agree with ZebraHead, the "I can't do this" and crying was grating on my nerves.

But as much as I enjoyed it, I am getting a little tired of these boot-camp style weight loss shows. Heavy and The Biggest Loser all seem to focus on exercise. I really wish they'd devote SOME of the time to nutrition/diet.
  • Proudmumofboys
    Options
    I watched it and really enjoyed it. I also really love "I used to be Fat" On MTV! Both shows are great.
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    But as much as I enjoyed it, I am getting a little tired of these boot-camp style weight loss shows. Heavy and The Biggest Loser all seem to focus on exercise. I really wish they'd devote SOME of the time to nutrition/diet.

Exactly. It shows them eating tons of crap food, then exercise the hell of of them, but don't show how they are monitoring their intake by reducing calories drastically. The key to substantial weight loss is DIET...ya know, the reason they got so large!

These shows need to explain what it really takes to drop the weight, & that exercise is simply a boost. Show a sample of their daily monitored intake, I guarantee it's not over 1500cals, probably less to get the timely results.
  • patricac
    patricac Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I DVR'd the show and finally got around to watching it. It was very inspiring and motivating! I'm in a plateau lately and was tempted to get fast food for dinner... After watching the show - I made dinner and made sure I hit my workout! I wish they would discuss the eating habits, nutritional guides, etc - and how they dealt with making adjustments when they went home.