How Much Weight Should I Loose....

Options
:ohwell: Hello, just wondering if anyone can help me...at the moment im consuming 1200cals a days and burning around 1000 3 times a week.

MFP says i should be loosing 1.6lbs a week, i thought i would be loosing more than this??

Any ideas guys???

Thanks Holli! x

Replies

• vjles
    vjles Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Have you set everything correctly in your Goals?
  • princessjarvis
    Options
    Hi Dj....Yes I have set them.... its 1200 calories a day, 60g of protein, 33g of fat etc but ive set my time to 80 minutes a day (3 times a week) and burn 1017 calories a day.

Im all new to this so i wanted to check i was doing it right, I know that if you burn 3000 cals thats a 1lb of fat but surely if im sticking to a strict diet aswell I should loose more??
  • vjles
    vjles Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have just discovered this week that after losing 18 lbs I was still using the calorie intake of 1680 per day set at the start. I adjusted my weight on my goals to the current weight and recalculated only to find that my new calorie intake should be 1410. That was probably the reason for not losing any weight over the last week.

In setting goals there is a selection where you can specify to lose 2lbs per week, if its set to calculate automatically, you will be given the amount of calories to achieve that goal.

For calories burned I only input that data after I have done the exercise.

Hope this helps.
  • nordens
    nordens Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Princess you should lose more than that. You will lose 1.5lb per week if you just stick to the 1200cals and do no exercise! With doing all that exercise, theoretically you should lose nearly another pound a week on top! However, make sure you eat some of your exercise cals back!!! If you're only eating 1200 and using 1000cals you are only eating a nett of 200cals, which means your body will go into starvation mode and generally not like you too much! Essentially your body will start to eat at your muscles instead of losing fat as it will go into a kind of panic mode and create fat to keep you alive!

OK I might have made it sound pretty drastic but you should keep an eye on it at the very least!
  • princessjarvis
    Options
    Thankyou guys, I was just checking with being new to this site im really sure how its meant to work. I maybe eat 200-300 of the calories ive burned after training, sometimes im not hungry after training so i dont. Should I maybe aim to eat 1400 cals? and still burn the 1000??
  • SarahR1984
    Options
    On the days you burn 1000 cals, if you only eat 1200 cals that leaves you with a net intake of 200 for the day. That's not enough energy for your body to function. You are going to hold on to weight. I say look into eating you exercise calories and maybe modify that. That could be why you're not losing weight.
  • princessjarvis
    Options
    Thanks sarah :smile: