Needing Friends 50 and over

Options
2»

Replies

• bettyas59
    bettyas59 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 54 and have a lot to loose. Would love some friends in similar circumstances. Add Me! :happy:
  • nonacgp
    nonacgp Posts: 132
    Options
    Welcome to mfp!! Friend request sent. :smile:
  • dedflwrs
    dedflwrs Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hello :)

I'm 52. Feel free to add me. I too would love to get to know more people my age (I'm surrounded by young ones in real life)
  • nonacgp
    nonacgp Posts: 132
    Options
    Hi Vanessa
    My name is Lori & I am 55 & also have 3 grown children. My goal is to loose 20lbs by Christmas. I just started this journey this week. So far I have lost 3.5 lbs, by doing Beachbody's 3 Day Refresh. I am starting Chalean Johnson's 7 Day Diet Challenge on Monday. I don't think my problem is eating the wrong foods, but I do have a motivation problem with working out. I am hoping to find some people to help me stay motivated & keep me accountable to a workout plan. I am going to start my workouts with Beachbody's 21 Day Fix workout program & walking my dog "Zoe" one mile everyday. Wish me luck as I wish you the best too.

Hi Lori....my name is Carol. I recently came back to MFP after being away for a year. I have been back for 3 1/2 months. I have 20 more lbs. to lose. I have a rigid exercise program. Many of my MFP friends do Beachbody workouts with great success. . I work out daily. I do either a 5K, Zumba or step aerobics. I change up so as not to get bored. Friend req
  • Java01
    Java01 Posts: 1
    Options
    How do I send a Friend Request to each of you on this Topic?

I am 59. I have been trying all of my adult life to lose 10 to 15 pounds. I have only accomplished it a couple of times, but not as the result of healthy dieting and therefore have never mastered how to maintain.

Most recently I lost about 10 pounds due to required dental surgery and a liquid only diet. Needless to say, I have gained it all back because I craved real food after not being able to enjoy it for 10 weeks.

I am also post menopausal, only 5'2 &1/2" tall, medium boned, have skin that has become much more loose since the loss of collagen, enjoy all kinds of food--not a picky eater--really, really don't enjoy exercising and 15 pounds from what is a comfortable weight for me.

I have been divorced for many years with no children. I am close to my mother (father passed away 7 years ago), close to sister and brothers and love being an aunt to my nieces. I have a very good job. Have my own home and a cocker spaniel, Pupperz!

I am hoping to make some friends on MFP as well as to finally lose weight so I am comfortable in my clothing. I know 15 pounds may not be much in the minds of others. According to age & weight charts, my current weight of 140 is just slightly over the highest weight for my range. So, my body seems to read 140 pounds as normal for my build and trying to loose at this time in my life is so frustrating. I'm not looking for sympathy. Just would like to learn from others faced with similar challenges and FINALLY attain and maintain a healthy and more comfortable weight for myself.
  • weavernv
    weavernv Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I turn 50 in one week. Feel free to friend me. I have been logging daily for awhile.
  • dolytuc
    dolytuc Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 54, new to mfp and would love to meet friends that are my age range. Please feel free to add me.
  • mjtbb
    mjtbb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm also 50. Have been on MFP since the end of March(for the second time). I did MFP about 2 years ago and did really well but medical issues derailed me and I gained back all the weight I lost. I'm still banging my head about that. I have rheumatoid arthritis so the exercise when it happens its very low intensity. Still I'm hoping that this time it will stick. I'm doing it with a different perspective and not a deadline so I don't get frustrated. Just trying to learn how to eat better so I can stick with it forever. Would love to get friends in my age group! Please, feel free to friend me!
  • jrjoogle
    Options
    hello... I am over 50.. just joined this week.... I am mostly trying to burn body fat... I eat really good. but sometimes too much of it.. hahah

Make small changes every week... cut the crap foods... more whole foods, more water... cut the Sugar most of all!!!
  • rotay1960
    rotay1960 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am 54 years old. I just started calorie counting this week. There are some great weight loss results here..congrats!
  • librarydebster
    librarydebster Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Nice to see that you've had so many replies! This is a great supportive community. I am 58 and have been way too overweight for years. I have lost weight a few times but this is the time to go all the way and keep it off! The trick is not to do fad diets. Just make good food choices with fibre and protein and fruits and veggies and do a fair bit of exercise each week.

I have lost 50 pounds so far this year and i am determined to lose the other 40 pounds and keep it off.

I do a kettlebell class, aquafit classes, and cycle outside and walk stairs near me. I started in January just doing my stationary bike at home for whatever I could manage. Now I can't imagine going without regular exercise. Just signed up at my rec centre for a cardio trampoline class and a combination yoga/pilates/cardio class. When you make exercise fun you will stick with it for life.
    Just start with walking or stationary cycling or whatever you can manage. The three times a week exercise usually prescribed is not enough for the rest of your life.
  • flgrace
    flgrace Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 53 and just getting started (again) :)
  • chachadeb
    chachadeb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    In my 50s and seriously started logging last month. Feel free to add me!
  • chachadeb
    chachadeb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi Im new just joined this week Would love to have friends to support and support me on my weight loss journey Just turned 50 Ihave struggled with weight all my life But I am now at my largest and really want to be happier and healthy again :) Im married Have 3 beautiful grown children and now time to think about me Happy to make new friends on this Jornery :)

A new group has started, everyone is welcome:

Over 50 Women's Club
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/22731-over-50-women-s-club