Net calories and exercise?

So I've been using Myfitnesspal for about 50 days with some fluctuating results. I normally had a net calorie intake of about 600 a day, which I now realize isn't enough. I eat about 1200 calories but then I run off about 600. So my question is should I forget about running to maintain a 1200 net calorie intake? It's already hard for me to eat 1200 calories so eating an extra 600 calories would be very challenging but not impossible if that would help me see results!

Replies

• AvonBell
    AvonBell Posts: 107 Member
    Well, 600 calories is far too low. If you can't eat the appropriate amount I would stop running until i figure out how to.
  • jagi410
    jagi410 Posts: 97 Member
    You run off "about" 600 calories? Are you using a heart rate monitor to verify that?
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    You run off "about" 600 calories? Are you using a heart rate monitor to verify that?

and even with, the number is very suspect.

also if you've been able to workout 600 calories a day and only eating 1200 calories a day and able to sustain that for 50 days, odds are you arent properly logging your food and are eating more than you think you are anyway...
  • That was more of an average. I spend about 70 min on an eliptical which I put my weight and height in and it calculates the calorie loss. I also use what Myfitnesspal says (which is always lower than what the eliptical says) as well as a heart rate watch. As for food I have a scale and use Myfitnesspal to log everything even my vitimans so I'm fairly confident in my numbers being accurate. So I'm basically wonder what's better for me because I do recognize that those numbers weren't healthy; should I work out less or eat more?
  • Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Eat more.

I would suggest something like adding a protein shake or smoothie with protein powder mixed into it. Not only will it add needed calories, but I would guess that your current diet is extraordinarily low in protein.
  • Eat more.

I would suggest something like adding a protein shake or smoothie with protein powder mixed into it. Not only will it add needed calories, but I would guess that your current diet is extraordinarily low in protein.

Thank you it is defiantly lacking in protein Ill look into protein shakes any recommendations??