Apple Cider Vinegar

Options
Does anyone here do ACV? What are some things you have noticed (or not noticed) since starting with ACV? How often do you drink it and what are your recipes and tricks to stomach it?

I have a giant bottle of Bragg's, and did a shot mixed with a bit of pineapple juice. It was rough... I tried it the one time so I can't say I noticed any long-term changes, but right away I completely lost my appetite. I had to finally force myself to eat something 5 hours later. I haven't had the courage to go back for round two, but I'd love to hear some stories from others to perhaps see if it would be something I'd be willing to try for a bit longer.

Replies

• dev0111
    dev0111 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I drink ACV about once or twice daily. It's also good with salad, any kind of salad. And if you drink it you can add honey to it and it will taste a lot better. I don't know too much about the effects though, i noticed it lessens the appetite, but other than that, i don't know what it can do.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    ...Huh. The only thing I've seen used that mentions apple cider vinegar, recently, is as a hair rinse. People usually wash their hair with shampoo soap, rinse it out, then splash a cup or so of apple cider vinegar to condition it.
  • bridgegetsfit
    bridgegetsfit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I use ACV when my stomach feels acidic. Like when I drink too much coffee. I pour a little in a class of water. It takes some getting use to though. The first time I drank it, it was horrible, but I just sipped it. It works trust me.
    I also use it to wash my hair.
  • MicheleWE
    MicheleWE Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I mix a tablespoon or two in hot water with a little lemon juice and sweetener of choice and drink it like hot tea. I've never used it for weight loss purposes, I take it when I am not feeling well.
  • heidispideymfp
    heidispideymfp Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I used it in an elixir with honey and a couple other things when I got a cold and it helped quite a bit
  • dogluvr_2014
    dogluvr_2014 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm not using it yet but will be soon. I have heard many good things about it, not so much for weight loss but for general health improvement. I have chronic sinus issues and nothing seems to help me anymore so I'm going to try the apple cider vinegar. I plan to do about 1 tbsp. in a glass of water each day. I sure hope it works.
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    When I smoke pork shoulder or ribs I'll mist them with apple cider vinegar every hour or so.

It's also the main ingredient in my barbecue sauce. (tomato is for rubes)

Oh... and cole slaw. Can't make good slaw without vinegar.
  • Joy545
    Joy545 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have apple cider vinegar twice a day, first thing of a morning 1 teaspoon in 200ml warm water. After my evening meal I have the same with cold water. I also add it to salads. Many years ago a Naturopath told me to try it and I have done so ever since! :smile:
  • jmmurray203
    jmmurray203 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I use ACV when my stomach feels acidic. Like when I drink too much coffee. I pour a little in a class of water. It takes some getting use to though. The first time I drank it, it was horrible, but I just sipped it. It works trust me.

If your stomach is too acidic, how is drinking something else that is acidic supposed to help?
  • heidispideymfp
    heidispideymfp Posts: 179 Member
    Options

If your stomach is too acidic, how is drinking something else that is acidic supposed to help?

Even though vinegar is acidic, it has an alkaline Ph. This helps make your stomach more alkaline
  • suesyv
    suesyv Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There is a great book that explains how to use it, and all the info you need to know and more..
    It is Bragg, Apple Cider Vinegar....Miracle Health system..Amazing book..
    Also try 2 teaspoons acv in water and just swig it down you will soon be able to do it with ease soon..
    And You can add it to salad to start also.
    Get the book it is very good..
    I use for gerd , does the job..Good luck and Good health to you.
  • amos481
    amos481 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I pour a couple tbs of ACV in my morning shake.....can't taste it at all. ACV has so many benefits.....
  • IllustratedxGirl
    IllustratedxGirl Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Does anyone here do ACV? What are some things you have noticed (or not noticed) since starting with ACV? How often do you drink it and what are your recipes and tricks to stomach it?

I have a giant bottle of Bragg's, and did a shot mixed with a bit of pineapple juice. It was rough... I tried it the one time so I can't say I noticed any long-term changes, but right away I completely lost my appetite. I had to finally force myself to eat something 5 hours later. I haven't had the courage to go back for round two, but I'd love to hear some stories from others to perhaps see if it would be something I'd be willing to try for a bit longer.

How much did you take?
  • efwolfcub
    efwolfcub Posts: 99 Member
    Options

Even though vinegar is acidic, it has an alkaline Ph. This helps make your stomach more alkaline

Sorry, no. It's acidic and has an acidic pH. 2.4 for white, 4.25 - 5 for apple cider. For reference, Lemon juice is about 2, neutral is 7.0. Your blood is 7.35-7.45. Baking soda is about 9. That's why vinegar and baking soda react - you're mixing an acid with a base (same thing happens with your stomach, but I wouldn't recommend eating a tablespoon of baking soda)
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options

That makes no sense at all.
  • phil4v7
    phil4v7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I use it with a drop of dish soap as bait to drown fruit flies. You mean it has other uses too?
  • bryant28408
    bryant28408 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

Huh?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Just use regular vinegar on your salads if you like it or eat some pickles. It doesn't have to be apple cider vinegar or anything fancy. They all have acetic acid and water as the main ingredients in the end. If you are dead set on using large amounts of it daily, be careful to monitor your bone density and potassium levels.
  • Chelsaisacat
    Chelsaisacat Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    It was 2 tablespoons, which is what I had heard recommended, but now I'm seeing lots of people saying "teaspoons". Haha maybe I over did it!