My Zero Day is Upon Me!

Options
1235»

Replies

• chachadeb
    chachadeb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I just started last month....your post is inspiring!
  • Girlg0yle
    Girlg0yle Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing! Exactly the inspiration I needed!! I am the same age, also skinny in my younger life, started putting it on in my 30's and it is too much now that I'm in my 40's. Also, starting to run and hoping to finish a 5k soon. Your story is giving me the boost I need to keep working at it. Thanks! ..and Congratulations on a job very well done!
  • flowerhouse
    flowerhouse Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you look 10years younger, your obviously a very motivated person, thank you for sharing, I am 2/3 of the way there & have hit a wall in terms of loss so great to hear your story. Good luck with the gym :)
  • GeekMeister
    GeekMeister Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Since Friday I just happened to golf in the same outing that I was in for one of my original pics, I thought I'd throw up a comparison shot of me in 2012 vs today. I take this same picture every year in a charity event we sponsor. :happy:

[img]http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r482/Darin_Van_Raes/Transformation Pics/61767938-f85a-4ac1-a173-7aa5993df452_zps90bad4d4.jpg[/img]
  • steveyinasia
    steveyinasia Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post, sounds like the way I was heading, I totally get the reflux stuff. I started(again) only 10 days ago and I have not had my daily fight with the reflux. I stay clean of anything fried and watch what passes over my lips. You did an incredible job getting rid of the belly fat, did you do anything special for this as i have a bit of one as well and would like to see that disappear....sooner rather than later.
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    We'll done! I have just joined MFP and it is great to see honest stories like this one - it reminds me that this isn't going to be easy, but is achievable. Thanks!

It can be hard at times, I have have often had to battle myself. There is no single path for everyone, you have to find what works for you and listen carefully to your body. Best of luck in your pursuits and if you give MFP the time it can be very helpful. There are a lot of good people out here facing a common obstacle. You can do it!

I like what you said about battling yourself, that is what I found it really comes down to. Congratulations on all the hard work, what an amazing accomplishment and outstanding example for your friends and family!

Totally agree to this....just yesterday I was losing my concentration lifting, and I literally yelled out to myself: "OH no no no no!! You're not just going to phone this in! Finish the reps!" I may have looked crazy, but it worked and I made it through.

Congrats, OP!!! Sounds like you have your maintenance and continuity plan all set, as well...that is extremely important! You look great!
  • GeekMeister
    Options
    You did an incredible job getting rid of the belly fat, did you do anything special for this as i have a bit of one as well and would like to see that disappear....sooner rather than later.

I wish I could tell you that I had some magic pill for the belly...but based on my experience and what I've researched over the last year there really isn't any way to "target" your belly. You just have to drop body fat and eventually (the very last thing to go in my case) the belly will disappear. In a way I was glad that it worked that way. If I had lost the belly first then I may have just stopped. Today I'm feeling fairly well in proportion. Be patient with it and it'll fall off.

Cheers!
    -Geek
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Amazing job!
  • SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Excellent work. Let us know what 5k time you get :)
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • dlr165
    dlr165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look like a new man.
  • J_Squared_77
    J_Squared_77 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this. I was starting to feel depressed because I'm not losing as quickly as I had hoped and this put it all in perspective for me (it takes time and dedication). I am feeling so inspired now!!! Thank You and CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • lucy5599
    lucy5599 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congratulation! You look amazing and healthy. Thanks so much for sharing your story.
  • awak3ned
    awak3ned Posts: 64
    Options
    Wow!
  • GeekMeister
    Options
    Excellent work. Let us know what 5k time you get :)

30:18, one of the highlights of my life crossing the finish line.
  • dreamarbia6
    dreamarbia6 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's so inspiring to start the week off seeing these amazing results. Good for you!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!