Calorie Intake Question?

Options
Ok, time for my stupid question,
MPP is giving me a food intake goal of 2150 for the day.
My question is. Is this with the calorie deficit?
I put in to loose 2 lbs a week.
Thanks

Replies

• CharlottesDK
    Options
    Yes, that is with the calorie deficit. :smile:
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    MPP is giving me a food intake goal of 2150 for the day.
    My question is. Is this with the calorie deficit?
    I put in to loose 2 lbs a week.

So it thinks you use 3150 per day.
  • Jrusk32
    Jrusk32 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So...My recommended calorie intake to LOSE weight says 20,000 calories. I am not sure why it is saying this.
  • ThomasPM
    ThomasPM Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ok so if you look at my filled out diary of 3 days ago I only at 1300 calories for the day,
    So saying that I must increase my food?
    But I'm not feeling hungry, this is so confusing.......
  • ThomasPM
    ThomasPM Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ok, so when I go to the gym I usually do 45 mins on the elliptical, the machine says I burned anywhere from 535 -581 calories on any given day. I do get there 5 days a week, so I'm happy about that.
    So now I must eat those calories to?
    I do apologize for these questions.
    I have read the forums but it does get confusing or should I say overwhelming.

Thanks Everybody.
  • rachelr0875
    Options
    Ok, so when I go to the gym I usually do 45 mins on the elliptical, the machine says I burned anywhere from 535 -581 calories on any given day. I do get there 5 days a week, so I'm happy about that.
    So now I must eat those calories to?
    I do apologize for these questions.
    I have read the forums but it does get confusing or should I say overwhelming.

Thanks Everybody.

I personally don't eat the calories I burn off by working out. I have no clue what most people on MFP do as far as that goes.
  • Crazy1nsane
    Crazy1nsane Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    IT's common to eat exercise calories, or in a lot of cases only eat half. But it's up to you.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Ok so if you look at my filled out diary of 3 days ago I only at 1300 calories for the day,
    So saying that I must increase my food?
    But I'm not feeling hungry, this is so confusing.......

You probably didn't gain weight eating bird seed (I know I didn't), and the 2150 recommendation among other things is to sensibly transition you to eating to support a lower weight. I don't always eat a ton of calories if I'm under, but then I use up the "banked" calories on other days when I do feel like eating quite a bit more.

But here's a list of Ways to add calories without necessarily adding volume, read post 4 here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1331494-1200-calories-per-day

Finally I don't necessarily think you have this issue, but a lot of people tend to under estimate your food. It's possible you're eating more than 1300 cals now. Read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1296011-calorie-counting-101