What is your hidden netflix "gem"?

Options
2»

Replies

• jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Trailer Park Boys. They do some pretty crazy stuff on there but the characters crack me up.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    The Killing. Good TV there! 'I'm on the final episode on the last Season 4, but the stupid thing wont play :grumble:
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    It's a tv show not a movie but "Bomb Girls." It was a CBC show that, unfortunately, was canceled after two seasons. A real shame - it was a really good show.

I loved it too!
  • Erilynn93
    Erilynn93 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I've recently watched all of Derek but now I'm working through the final season of The Killing and House (which has always been a favorite). I literally spend all my free time watching Netflix. It's really depressing actually, haha.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    X

Really good movie.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Tucker and Dale VS Evil

Started watching Alan Tudyk movies after finishing Firefly/Serenity (again)... that one totally took me by surprise, it's now one of my favorites.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Movies would be

"Kumare'", a documentary about a man who pretends to be a spiritual leader and pretty much tells his followers that they don't need a spiritual leader but that they are their own. When he tells his followers the truth about himself, their reactions are priceless.

"Cave of Forgotten Dreams" Werner Herzog's documentary about Chauvet Cave in France that contains the oldest human-painted images yet discovered. Very atmospheric.

One TV show I discovered through Netflix that is one of the best I have ever seen is "Longmire" about a modern day Wyoming sheriff. (It is broadcast on A&E if you have cable)
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Pumping iron
    Was stoked when I found it on there.
  • RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I really just started watching Netflix and was surprised at the inventory. I feel like somehow it is linked to my Amazon Kindle account, because all the suggestions were scifi, even though I never used the service before. A bit creepy. Anyway, one of the suggested titles was Goodbye World, Not very highly rated and truthfully, it could have been made better, but I liked the Bg Chill meets the End of the World mashup.
  • Chalk_Slinger
    Chalk_Slinger Posts: 1,012
    Options
    micmacs -- a brilliant French surrealist comedy full of color and life
  • doctorregenerated
    doctorregenerated Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    DR WHO.

(bet you didn't see that coming!)

But also, this French film called Le Moustache (sp) about this guy that shaves off his moustache and nobody notices - in fact,they all convince him that he never had a moustache. Its insane in a way that I've never seen done before.
  • ddkphotos
    ddkphotos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    following! Thanks!
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Now I wanna go watch netflix!!! that will be a reward after the gym! My latest fave it "What Not to Wear" I also like Weeds, Orange is the New Black.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I am showing my age...

Leave It To Beaver

:smile:
  • LegendaryOrange
    LegendaryOrange Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    Session 9
  • _Risko_
    _Risko_ Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Sherlock..
  • WombatHat42
    WombatHat42 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Tucker and Dale VS Evil

Started watching Alan Tudyk movies after finishing Firefly/Serenity (again)... that one totally took me by surprise, it's now one of my favorites.

Tucker and Dale XD reminded me of John dies at the end lol good movies
    DR WHO.

(bet you didn't see that coming!)

But also, this French film called Le Moustache (sp) about this guy that shaves off his moustache and nobody notices - in fact,they all convince him that he never had a moustache. Its insane in a way that I've never seen done before.

Sorry DR WHO doesnt count. It is too awesome to be considered a hidden gem :P Le moustache sounds like what I would do to one of my friends :D
  • Chalk_Slinger
    Chalk_Slinger Posts: 1,012
    Options
    The Selfish Giant. Thought it was the Oscar Wilde tale but turned out to be a very human sleeper film from England