Gas station road trip snack?

Options
Is there any snacks at a gas station that I could get? Going on a road trip and what to grab something. I was thinking cheese crackers or jerky (if the sodium is low) any ideas?

Replies

• karllhughes
    karllhughes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I try to go for unsalted nuts, fresh fruit (if they have it), or veggie chips.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,624 Member
    Options
    I'd probably go with jerky, ryvita and hummous.
  • jillyrose0711
    jillyrose0711 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    A gas station like Sheetz (I dunno if those are all over the country or just in my area) is a little more "upscale" as far as food options- they usually have bananas and yogurt as well as a lot of choices for granola bars and nuts and sometimes packaged cheese/meat/cracker deals. Also those Naked or Bolthouse farms smoothie drinks- they are awfully high in sugar but they at least have lots of vitamins and are healthier than drinking soda on the road =)
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Almost all of our gas status have a cold food section full of cheese, meat sticks, and banans at the very least. Then there's yogurts and sandwiches at a good amount.
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I don't think low-sodium jerky is a thing. Salt is an essential part of the drying out process. Do you have a medical reason to avoid sodium? If not, just go with the jerky- high protein, low cal, filling and yummy!- and just drink some extra water to help flush the excess sodium out.
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky, nuts, yogurt, snickers.