Help me

Options
ok people I REALLY need help... I know that I need to loose weight I am 22 5'6 and 185lbs but I can not get motivated, I work full time but I sit at a desk with some movement but not tons, I need to find ways to motivate my self to work out when I get home cause after a long day curling up on the cpuch with a book seems alot more fun, please let me know if you have any suggestions and PLEASE let me know if you have any recipts that would be good for quick and easy dinners or lunches.
Thanks a bunch,

B/R,
Needs Help

Replies

• amieliamy
    Options
    ok people I REALLY need help... I know that I need to loose weight I am 22 5'6 and 185lbs but I can not get motivated, I work full time but I sit at a desk with some movement but not tons, I need to find ways to motivate my self to work out when I get home cause after a long day curling up on the cpuch with a book seems alot more fun, please let me know if you have any suggestions and PLEASE let me know if you have any recipts that would be good for quick and easy dinners or lunches.
    Thanks a bunch,

B/R,
    Needs Help
  • MissMe9669
    Options
    Hi there and Welcome! Well I know this is going to sound a little crazy... but here is goes... When you go to the bathroom... try fitting in 10-15 Squats... 10-15 wall push ups... and 10-15 jumping jacks... and go for a walk during your lunch!! That's what I do... well minus the walks...but my job require equal amounts of walking / sitting time!!! :flowerforyou:
  • charitykarr
    Options
    My advice is to do squats in the shower, and hold your abs in for 10 counts while breathing deep slow breaths as often as possible. The ab exercise soon becomes a habit and you will do it without even realizing. I do it while sitting at my desk or driving home and to work. It will be sore if you do it often enough during the day. Otherwise, 5 to 10 minutes of quick abs, legs, butt or thigh workouts really add up! Find a friend to workout with you. Even people who don't need to lose weight will workout with you! Good luck!
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Put a mirror by the TV. Facing you. The person you see should be your motivator.

I'm joking. A little. To me, you must have your own motivation. My motivation is the image of myself. I see it in the mirror (though I don't have it sitting by the TV :smile: ), I see it in pictures taken of me.

That is my motivation. For others it might be more health oriented. To me it's all part of the same.

Seriously, just get yourself started. Try and exercise the same time each day. And. don't bite off more than you can chew, so to speak. Sounds like you are not used to exercising, so do something manageable. It's a long term thing, so you'll have lots of time to add more to your regimen.

Make yourself stick with it and be honest with the Food Diary. After 2 weeks I guarantee that You will be all the motivation you need.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hey there! You sound exactly like me! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! I started in November at 183 pounds. I am 24 years old and 5'6. I wasn't exercising or anything. I, like you, sit at a desk or lab bench all day long. And trust me, laying on the couch is the best feeling in the world...even now! But, since I started here, I'm eating around 1200 calories everyday and I go to the gym for about 2 hours almost everyday. And now, it's no big deal. In fact, I look forward to my work outs! You just need to get some motivation! At first, it WILL be hard...it is for anything. This is a total lifestyle change. But it will get easier. I have now lost a total of 13 pounds, that's with a little gain over the holidays. Just start out slow and build yourself up. Start by eating like 1400-1500 calories a day and getting in a half hour of exercise a few times a week. Then you can increase that. Good luck! You can do it! And if you need further support, let me know. I'd be happy to add you as a friend and we can motivate each other!!:bigsmile:

*Kistinbee*
  • joanne123
    Options
    oh you sound just like I did yesterday. I was so heartened by the messages from this site I have rushed home today to fill in my food diary and see who's on line. I like the advice you have been given about short exercises easily done in the bathroom etc and I am going to give them a go too. My advice is keep talking to people on this site they are simply wonderful! Good luck.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    You have to set your mind to it and do it. Turn on the TV and put in an exercise DVD. You live in San Diego-if you are close to the beach, go for long walks on the sand.
    You have to want this. You have to make it a part of your everyday routine.
    I put a long term and a short term goal and hung it where I see it each and everyday. That helps me. Maybe it can help you.
    There are so many recipes posted here. Take some time and search. You can do this. Take some walking shoes with you to work and walk on your breaks.
    If you have time to walk, you have time to do lunges. If you are sitting in front of the TV, get up and do some jumping jacks. Get creative and have fun.
    We are all here for you.
    Good luck.
  • amieliamy
    Options
    well I would love to be added as a friend at least some one will have my back :)
  • mssoon2bethin
    Options
    My suggestion to you would be to get up in the mornings approx. 45 minutes before you normally get up and do squats, push-ups, and crunches. This will get you started. Just takes baby steps when getting started.

I hope this helps!