Muscle Milk?

Replies

• I use the powder form of cookies and cream mostly cause I can mix strawberries or blueberries in it. It's really good. Sometimes I put peanut butter in it if I've had a hard workout. That adds extra good fat and it taste so yummy.

I looked comparisons at on youtube and I found some people who thought MM was good but there are better proteins out there that were more expensive but had better nutrient/micro numbers. If you're a serious weightlifter who wants to be on point with all those numbers, keep looking - is what I gathered. But, for me, MM - light or regular - works and tastes fine.

Good luck.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    MM is a protein supplement. It's okay, and widely available. There are better protein supplements out there, especially if you're drinking them at home. However, MM is often the only protein drink available at convenience stores.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    I have the vanilla powder kind. I mix it with milk and a little Nestle Quick chocolate or strawberry powder after my workouts. It doesn't taste too bad! My sister made it with water once for me, but I like it with milk better.

I'm sort of newish to the whole protein powder/drink game, and someone gave me a huge container of the MM vanilla powder for free, so I'll have to go through that before I try any others.
  • Muscle milk taste amazing but in terms of getting enough protein i.e 2 scoops for about 32g for a serving size of 16 (drinks) at 1.12kg per tub doesn't equate to being cost effective. Optimum Nutrition all the way. one scoop is about 24g of protein. BOOM!
  • bkyoun
    bkyoun Posts: 371 Member
    I don't like Muscle Milk at all. I love the Premier Nutrition shakes that they sell at Costco. They taste better than muscle milk, they have more protein, less sugar, and fewer calories, and they cost less than muscle milk.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    I really like the Cookies and Cream one, but I prefer to use this protein as a post workout drink if I forget my usual:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/dymatize/iso-100.html
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    I buy the light version from my gym if I need something to hold me over after a workout. I like it, and a fair amount of protein.
  • pianolover2012
    pianolover2012 Posts: 168 Member
    I use one scoop of MM, 1 TBS of PB2 and one cup of almond milk (vanilla). Makes for a delish treat !
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    I LOVE chocolate muscle milk but I don't like the price!
  • Buy the supplement on TFsupplements.com and there is really no difference in the protien whey is whey casian is casian the ratio is what matters for your goals. just stay away from soy!! the extras is what matters like taste (I like muscle milk) and calories you must remember muscle milk was designed for Cyclist then introduced in to the weightlifting world. has the fat and carbs to help recover from endurance activity work well for my for weight lifting because i have a high metabolism.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Tried the vanilla one once, it was disgusting. I THOUGHT it was supposed to be taken before/after a workout, but it's actually intended to be a meal replacement. I think it's around 350 calories for a whole bottle... Wouldn't recommend.

EDIT: 250ish calories

How dare you.

Muscle Milk light is grand.
  • Erilynn93
    Erilynn93 Posts: 256 Member
    Does anyone drink Muscle Milk? Is it any good? My sister likes it but I don't really know much about it. Is it designed to be a meal replacement or to have after working out? I'm having a hard time eating (stress, etc) and I know I need to get my calories somewhere if I want to work out. So, would anyone recommend this? Anything else? Thanks, and sorry for all the questions!

I got the chocolate kind at I was only 180 calories a bottle. You can use it as a replacement or a snack. I used to drink it right after working out because I was always afraid of losing muscle instead of fat. I'm currently using Pure Protein Rich Chocolate powder though because it's cheaper and slightly lower in calories (only 160 for a scoop mixed with 8-12oz of water) unless you mix it with milk or something. It's worth a try, but probably only if you work out a lot. I don't think it will hurt if you have it even if you don't work out though.
  • Erilynn93

I'm not doubting you or anything, but the article said with 3 daily servings. Do people really drink that much a day? That alone is scary and those people should eat more real food! haha
  • CAC10456
    CAC10456 Posts: 117 Member
    Muscle Milk light is better for you.

I prefer the Premier Protein, chocolate - 30gr protein, 160 calories. I have at least 1 a day!!!

Best of Luck!

Agreed. Premier is very tasty (even better now that thy've improved it!). I use it as a 'snack'-high protein, low calorie. I also use it as a meal repacement when I'm not really hungry, but know I need to eat something.
  • caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member

I'm not doubting you or anything, but the article said with 3 daily servings. Do people really drink that much a day? That alone is scary and those people should eat more real food! haha

They want you to finish it fast so you can buy more, so they can make more money! Simple as that! A 4 oz chicken breast has about the Same amount of protein that a scoop of whey protein has...I' all take real food over supplements any day!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    My husband drank those after he got dental surgery. I snuck a taste once or twice. Tastes okay I guess.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    my husband used to drink a can of muscle milk after each workout and liked it, but pure protein shakes cost less than half and honestly taste better, and my current protein powder costs less than half and also tastes better.
  • caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    Muscle milk in powder form made in skim milk, taste a lot better then their rtd...
  • Erilynn93
    my husband used to drink a can of muscle milk after each workout and liked it, but pure protein shakes cost less than half and honestly taste better, and my current protein powder costs less than half and also tastes better.

I also use Pure Protein now. It's so cheap compared to muscle milk!

The only reason I drink it is because I can't eat enough throughout the day to get enough protein, so I find the shakes very helpful