what do you eat for night cravings?

Options
personally, I have been having my salad later in the day like 7 or 8ish then I have a bowl of Cherrios (2 cups) with one cup of skim milk. :happy: Thus far that has helped me not feel deprived. Loving this MFP :)

Replies

• Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I eat my tear-soaked pillow.

There are no good substitutes for the evening munchies for me if I've had my day's calories already. I just have to suffer.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter!
  • jillyrose0711
    jillyrose0711 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I like to make a simple smoothie with cocoa powder, banana, almond milk, and maybe a scoop of almond butter. It tastes like an indulgence but I only need to save about 200 calories for it at the end of the day =)
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers, carrots or almonds while I was losing. Now that I'm in maintenance, I will have a little ice cream mixed with plain Greek yogurt. But I still eat a lot of veggies. Just because I love them.
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    alfonsinarosinsky Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I eat my tear-soaked pillow.

There are no good substitutes for the evening munchies for me if I've had my day's calories already. I just have to suffer.
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    Options
    Oh sorry :( you are doing great though; so close to goal :)
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, fruit, protein shake or bar are my go to items.
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    nuts
  • Orfygirl
    Orfygirl Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I save about 200 calories for some chocolate, Oreos, ice cream or what ever I'm craving in the evening. If I let myself indulge in a small amount then I find that it keeps me from eating everything in sight later.
  • Missfit35
    Options
    Nada
  • Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Chocolate mint protein bar. It satisfies my cravings for sweet, plus it fills me up and kills hunger. I can feel good about it because of the protein. It's an all-around win.
  • Meerataila
    Options
    Oh sorry :( you are doing great though; so close to goal :)

Thanks. I think being so close and being less than half my highest ever body weight (245) is why nothing will do in the evening except to suffer. For some reason my body is highly displeased with its new, skinnier state, and it's letting me know about it. But I'll get there anyway.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i budget my daily calories so i can have a bowl of erewhon crispy rice cereal or corn flakes with either non-fat milk or vanilla soy milk and a couple teaspoons of xylitol on top before bed - yum!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    fruit. apples mostly.
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    Options
    Thanks. I think being so close and being less than half my highest ever body weight (245) is why nothing will do in the evening except to suffer. For some reason my body is highly displeased with its new, skinnier state, and it's letting me know about it. But I'll get there anyway.
    [/quote]

You will. Keep up the good work :happy:
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    Options
    sorry lol haven't figured out how to get the quote in a box
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    Options
    sorry lol haven't figured out how to get the quote in a box

testing :)
  • Meerataila
    Options
    You will. Keep up the good work :happy:

You'll get there, too! Just keep finding as many ways as you can to do it the easiest, healthiest way that won't drive you nuts. Sometimes it takes a bit of creativity. And MFP is a great place to find creative solutions.
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I don't really get night "cravings" because I PLAN on eating a treat sometime between dinner and bedtime. I know me well enough to know that if I don't wrap up the day with a treat I'll just go to be cranky. So I have it to look forward to all day.

In the winter it tends to be whole grain toast with a little nut butter and dried fruit with a glass of milk or even hot cocoa. But right now it tends to be fresh fruit with a few nuts or a piece of cheese or a square of chocolate; occasionally it's ice cream with crushed nuts.
  • djsiry
    djsiry Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Fresh Blackberries. 60 Calories for a whole pint.