What if you did a workout you found online?

Options
So I know you can add exercise to the account...but what if you did a workout you found online? How you supposed to add that workout your account?

Replies

• IllustratedxGirl
    IllustratedxGirl Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    It depends on what the workout is. What did it include?
  • audrast
    audrast Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If you query Google you might find a calorie burn for the exercise you've found. There are some with calorie burn estimates right in the description on YouTube.
  • MysteriousUndead
    Options
    Well it was a fitnessblender workout so they had a whole thing of exercises that I don't feel like looking up.

But yeah it was basically a cardio/fat burning workout that burned between 185-somewhere around 300 calories.
  • MysteriousUndead
    Options
    They gave me the calorie burn...I just wasn't sure how to add it.

It didn't come up when I searched for it under cardio exercises, so I just added it myself.
  • IllustratedxGirl
    IllustratedxGirl Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Well, if it was push ups / sit ups / squats, etc, then probably calisthenics, light/moderate effort.

It it was kickboxing, then there is a kickboxing including turbo jam option

If it's dancing, then there is a dancing option

It's hard to say without knowing what type of workout the routine is
  • bangbangchoochootrain
    Options
    If I'm not mistaken, there is a quick add exercise calories feature. Also the calories that MFP gives you aren't set in stone- just click in the box and add your own. I do this a lot when I use gym equipment that gives me my own burn and MFP over or underestimates.
  • MysteriousUndead
    Options
    Well, if it was push ups / sit ups / squats, etc, then probably calisthenics, light/moderate effort.

It it was kickboxing, then there is a kickboxing including turbo jam option

If it's dancing, then there is a dancing option

It's hard to say without knowing what type of workout the routine is

Ever heard of fitnessblender? It was a cardio workout that was about 36 mins long. I was sweating and breathing heavy by the end of it...that's all I know.

Yeah they had squats but they had other exercises too such as burpees, jogging, bicycles and other exercises like that. (There's no way I could name them all.)
  • audrast
    audrast Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It's a shame you can't share workouts because I've done dozens of Fitness Blender workouts and created a new exercise for each one. To create your own, search for the exercise and when you dont find it, at the bottom you can create your own. Give it a name (I use the name of the video), time worked out and then I usually give myself the average of the calories burns, (low +high)/2. Each vid has a calorie burn link in the vid description. If I was especially wimpy, I'll give myself the lower range. It will be easier to go back and repeat videos and track exercise.
  • MysteriousUndead
    Options
    audrast...

Oh yeah...that's what I did. I just wanted to know if there was another way to add full workouts without creating it on your own.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    audrast...

Oh yeah...that's what I did. I just wanted to know if there was another way to add full workouts without creating it on your own.

The best way is to do your own. Then you always have it.