Feel myself slipping - making a public challenge to myself

Options
Hi everybody - I have lost a little over 70 pounds in about 15 months and need to lose probably another 100 pounds. I have a goal to lose 70 pounds in 2014 and am 42 pounds towards that goal, leaving 28 pounds to lose in the remainder of the year. I have felt myself slacking the last few weeks, eating things I shouldn't and not tracking like I should. I'm not gaining but not losing either - so I guess I am eating at a maintenance level. But I am getting frustrated with myself and really want to make my goal of 70 pounds this year, which would be a total weight loss of 100 pounds since I started working on weight loss. To that end, I am publicly challenging myself to get out of the 270's by the end of August. I have read that public accountability is one of the things that people who have successfully lost weight have in common - which is why I started using MFP in the first place. So here we go.............21 days left in August. Wish me luck, folks.:bigsmile:

Replies

• Jujubees813
    Jujubees813 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! Sometimes I'll slip and it makes it hard, but when you catch again you'll be doing great! Good luck!
  • RWilliams_Fit
    RWilliams_Fit Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Congrats on everything you are doing!!! Good luck with the rest of your journey except you dont need luck, you got all you need! Hardest thing to do is put it out there publicly so cudos to you for having the strength to do so. Sounds to me you are doing everything the right way. Sometimes you gotta cheat a little to realize how good you feel when you dont cheat. Us humans are beautiful, amazing creatures and its always a working progress.

keep it up

:smile: