what do you eat for night cravings?

Options

Replies

• BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Talenti, or popcorn, or a chocolate bar, hummus and chips, fruit, cucumbers...sometimes all of the above. I fit an evening snack into my day because I like having that hour or two in the evening when the kids are down to sit, relax and watch TV and eat a snack
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I've always found it easy to snack in the evening, pften falling into spells of midnight eating too. What I find works best is not actually eating at all, as that seems to stimulate me to eat even more. If you must eat, I would make it something very filling, with some protein and fat to fill you.

Right now though, what I'm finding is wotking best is eating my evening meal later, usually between 7- 8pm, and not eating anything after that until the morning. Its actually working for me, and haven't eaten anything after 8pm for the last 6 weeks. Its not that I don't have the odd hunger pang, its just they're pangs and not cravings, and thus controllable :)
  • marymom
    marymom Posts: 26
    Options
    What brand?
  • marymom
    marymom Posts: 26
    Options
    Sorry, what brand of mint protein bar?
  • afrostin
    Options
    JillyRose, that Smoothy recipe sounds really tasty and smart, thanks for this tip!
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    alfonsinarosinsky Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You will. Keep up the good work :happy:

You'll get there, too! Just keep finding as many ways as you can to do it the easiest, healthiest way that won't drive you nuts. Sometimes it takes a bit of creativity. And MFP is a great place to find creative solutions.

thank you. I'm motivated and this way of doing it seems easier than past things I've tried.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Usually some popcorn.
  • Audreybell1
    Options
    Normally some cereal and 1% Milk
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    It depends on how many calories I have left for the day. Usually peanut butter or dark cocoa almonds or 100 cal bag of popcorn.
  • Christineclendaniel
    Christineclendaniel Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    My go to right now is 1/4 cup 2% cottage cheese, sugar snap peas, cherry tomatoes with a tablespoon of fat free catalina and a yoplait blended greek yogurt. It's about 200 calories so I make sure I save enough during the day. I try to stay away from a lot of carbs at night.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I have Skinny Cow Ice Cream and Fiber One lemon bar Or Quest bar more protein & fiber Fits in my calories.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I love the Fiber One bars. Very yummy!
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Hunker down and pray for morning.
  • crescentgaia
    crescentgaia Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You know those 100 calorie packs? I found Snackwell's 100 calorie yogurt covered pretzels to be extremely yummy and filling. Same goes for the chocolate covered ones, plus they cover my craving for a sweet / salty thing. If I just want sweet, I have 100 calorie packs of mini fudge stripes or Snackwell's cookies, just eating however many a serving size is (usually 2 for around 100 calories).

I budget for both of these in the morning while I'm reading the internet / logging breakfast and the rest of the day. However, if something happens where I don't and I'm out of calories, water with ice cubes really helps. I get to chew on something (ice) and there's no calories. :) I bet that, if you have a small bit of calories left, you could probably do the same with frozen fruit - make sure that it's not packed in sugar - and it would be yummy.
  • Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Sorry, what brand of mint protein bar?

Life Choice
  • Naley2322
    Naley2322 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Big Bowl of Oatmeal with Cinnamon / ginger sometimes some pumpkin or sliced apricots or any torani sugar free syrup!

also baked apples with cinnamon are great!
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I always save at least 300 calories for night time munchies. My latest kick is 2 cups of Orville Redenbacher Chipotle Cheddar popcorn and 2 graham crackers sandwiched with light cool whip and a tbsp of my homemade low sugar raspberry jam for my sweet cravings.
  • nccsetser
    Options
    Sugar Free Jello Gels...only about 10 calories for the cherry and 5 for the Strawberry or Orange...works wonders for me.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Blueberries.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Normally something with chocolate in it or just straight up chocolate... Always have 400-500 calories to eat right before or in bed....