Anyone else "shopping" for their future bodies ?

Options
Just recently went on amazon and put a few things in a dedicated wish list for clothes I'd like to eventually (1-2 sizes smaller than now) wear.

Replies

• palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I keep stuff in a wish list I think it's a good idea :)
    Buying it ahead though maybe not so much lol, obviously depending on how much you're losing you can't always predict if it will fit your shape when you get there but yeah I think wish list is a great idea I'm constantly resisting buying stuff and waiting it out for my future wardrobe:)
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I don't actively go out and buy things but I have things I've bought in the past that didn't fit and I didn't return hoping it would fit someday.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    yep.. on a wish list...
    i'm also breaking it up into stages, i get a new pair of jeans every 2 sizes
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I have a folder of favourited clothing items on my computer haha. I've been losing weight for about 3 years, so my wardrobe has been gradually fitting me less and less, but since I don't have a ton of disposable income, I'm not really buying much until I'm happy at whatever size I end up.

I do have 1 or 2 pairs of pants that I've bought a bit too small though, one by accident and one on purpose. If there's something I know that I really like and want and that's worth the money to me, I tend to buy it so that it can do up, but doesn't fit well so that there's a better chance of it still fitting 10lbs down the line instead of only being usable for a few weeks.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have a ton of clothes bookmarked or in wish lists. :) It is one of my biggest motivators. I won't buy anything until it'd fit but I can have fun picking stuff out in the meantime,eh?
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I don't actively go out and buy things but I have things I've bought in the past that didn't fit and I didn't return hoping it would fit someday.

me too
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of shorts size double 0's, I can get them on, just can't breath, if we didn't need to breath they would fit perfectly. JS :wink: :ohwell: :laugh:
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I have lots of clothes in smaller sizes, but had basically worn out my bigger jeans since I was so reluctant to buy more clothes when gaining. So when I started this I bought inexpensive jeans in 16 (then too small for me, and I'd been jeans-less since I last could wear 16), 14, and 12 to aspire to. It was always a huge boost when I found the next lower size fit, especially since I sometimes seem to shrink more that the scale indicates some stretches. Just recently realized the 12s, which I'd been scared to try, were fitting without being tight at all. I have some 10s and under in my old clothes, but I might do the three size thing with new jeans in the same brand for the next three sizes down (when not overweight I'm a 4-6) just because it was an extra fun thing to look forward to. I also need to start seeing which of my old clothes will now fit.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I'll be at goal weight by Halloween and if I can keep up with my running I'll be in much better shape, too (I also do crunches and push-ups and I'm slowly adding weights in, but I'm not even up to enough minutes a day to log it. Pitiful!).

Anyway I'm pretend shopping for a slinky Halloween costume, despite the likelihood I won't actually buy or wear one or go anywhere. But maybe just maybe I will! Especially if I have a big burly date tagging along.
  • ChronicOptimist
    ChronicOptimist Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I can online window shop forever and not even notice where the time went! So fun and such good motivation!

Plus, I have a closet full of old clothes I'm looking forward to wearing again!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I think that's a fun idea! Motivational for sure.

In practice though, you never know exactly how your body will change. When I was at size 18, I bought a super cute dress for $1 in a 14 that was my "goal dress" because it fit really great, was just WAAAAY too snug but when I got to size 14 it looked really terrible on me, it sort of fit in the belly and hips but the rest was absolutely gigantic and unflattering. It was fine since I only spent $1 but I would have been upset if I spent a lot on it.

Similarly, I really liked these Gloria Vanderbilt "Amanda" jeans last year and had so many that I wore while in sizes 20, 18, 16, and 14. But now I am in the 10-12 range, they look terrible on me, they're just not cut right for my body now and look baggy and like "mom jeans" on my thighs in particular. If you would have asked me at size 16 I would have guessed that those "Amanda" style jeans would be my go-to for as long as they were manufactured. But no.

Anyway -- with your Amazon wish list(s) it's cool because you could add/delete items indefinitely. I do something a bit similar, I have Pinterest style boards...some of them are things I currently love/wear but a few include items I am looking for in the future that suit my evolving style.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    brought a few smaller winter season sweaters that are packed for winter. See how it goes. My progress clothes are already baggy so i notched a few more holes in my belt and hopefully that will hold me out for another 30-40lbs. Hopefully by then i will get some type of fashion sense lol.

. Gotta admit that i am really into shoes which i never was before. Must of brought over 15 pairs since starting my WOE and just added a vintage pair of Doc Martens to my wish list on eBay.
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I bought several pairs of Capri's on the clearance rack last fall in a size too small, could barely squeeze into them let alone button them. I wore one pair today for the first time n didn't even have to unbutton them to pull up. While I was happy as hell, I also wish I wouldn't of bought more than 2. I'm only going to get maybe another months worth of wear out of them.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I can't do that at all. I just buy for the body I have now, because it keeps changing and its hard to see what is going to fit, and how it will fit. I don't want to get emotionally attached to some article of clothing and not be able to wear it because my body shape is all wrong for it.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I've bought some items that are a couple sizes smaller than what I wear now for motivation but otherwise I just browse and put things in a shopping bag/wish list online!
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have a ton of clothes bookmarked or in wish lists. :) It is one of my biggest motivators. I won't buy anything until it'd fit but I can have fun picking stuff out in the meantime,eh?

^^^ This ^^^
  • sam1053
    sam1053 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've recently been looking around online for things that I wouldn't wear now, but would wear later. I started a folder on my laptop of outfit ideas for goal weight. I also have a jar that I put some cash into every time I lose a pound, so that I can go shopping once I need new clothes.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    well I was "shopping" for some cute knee high boots today. I always wanted a pair to rock with a short skirt. Its always good to have goals.
  • wailana82
    wailana82 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I found a pair of Lucky jeans at the thrift store that I couldn't pass up. They are two sizes down from what I wear now but I told myself I will not buy any more clothes in my current size because I'm on my way out of that size. I also have my "dream wardrobe" board on Pinterest for when I reach my goal weight.
  • Tora32
    Tora32 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I don't exactly shop around for a future size (only exception would be either hard to find stuff or seasonal items that I expect to need before I can find them again, and even then I'll only go down one or two sizes), but admittedly about half the cute outfits I've pinned onto Pinterest would never work on my current body. Not saying I plan to run out and buy it all when I hit goal, but it's kinda fun picturing myself actually being able to wear some of that stuff. :)