ntermittent Fasting?

Options
Does this really work .will i still hit my macros ? Can i still work out during intermittent Fasting

Replies

• AriFit12
    AriFit12 Posts: 10
    Options
    Looking forward to the replies to your question. I've been wondering the same thing.
  • davidpoolman5
    Options
    just not really sure if its something that will work for me
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I do IF, but I don't track my macros, but I don't see why you wouldn't be able. IF doesn't dictate what you eat, only how much. As far as working out, experiment with what works for you. I don't have any problems working out fasted, but everybody is different.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    there is an i.f. group on here.
    They can answer all of your questions!
  • mixedbag4444
    mixedbag4444 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I tried out intermittent fasting for a week a few weeks ago, just to see how I would like it. I would eat between 12 pm and 8 pm, so it was mostly like a normal day thus I managed to maintain the macros that I had been getting before. I stopped doing it simply because I get stomach pains easily from undereating and it was making me feel anxious about getting sick, but I would definitely recommend that you try it out like I did for a while just to see how you like it. And yes I worked out in the mornings, when I was in "fasting" mode. I found that it helped give me a distraction and also exercise makes me feel less hungry :D
  • mixedbag4444
    mixedbag4444 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Oh and for me I did notice a difference, but since I only did it for a week it was very slight
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    the short explanation of intermittent fasting is that you don't eat for about 16 hours for men, and 12-16 hours for women. basically you have an 8 hour window of eating during the day, usually from 12-8pm.

you still eat all your normal foods, and still try and hit your macros as closely as possible. you can work out while in a fasted state. in the morning, water is allowed, as is coffee and BCAA.

try it for a few weeks and see how you feel.

if you want more information, check out leangains.com
  • davidpoolman5
    Options
    i think i will give it a try for a few weeks thanks
  • Stella_Mayfair
    Stella_Mayfair Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    PPl have asked me if I am on a I.F diet... finally figured it out. Just now- great questions I wanna try add me if you do. Also what are Macros?

I HAVE FASTED FOR !) LOST LOTS OF WEIGHT! But won\t I gain it back if I eat?
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    My friend has been doing it for months and loves it. She was already slim to start with and has dropped 4kg using IF.
  • Stella_Mayfair
    Stella_Mayfair Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    there is an i.f. group on here.
    They can answer all of your questions!

and where may I find this group? I found nothing :/
  • VeganAmandaJ
    VeganAmandaJ Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Does it work how?

Yes, you can still hit your macros if you plan carefully, which I'm sure you already do.

Yes, you can work out during intermittent fasting, either while still fasting or in between eating.

I've been doing it over a month and enjoy it as more of a lifestyle than something like a "fat burning" secret. Research it a lot and experiment. I found that working out during fasting is fine and that I can eat plenty in my eating window which is about 8 hours and I fast around 16 hours. I'm not strict with exact times but keep it about that. I also found that it's okay to be hungry and it's fine! It really is how I naturally eat anyway and it helps me to over eat less and stop eating earlier.

Also, it may or may not help you lose weight, you should eat what you normally eat just in a smaller window.
    Does this really work .will i still hit my macros ? Can i still work out during intermittent Fasting