Weight goal for the taller ladies? 5'9" here

Options

Replies

• JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 8.5" My goal is 145, but it depends on how much lean mass I hang onto, 145 is very thin for me and drops my boobs from overflowing DD to large C(yay cute bras) did last time I was at that weight anyways, hoping they go back down...
  • ldonahue74
    ldonahue74 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    5'9 and i'd like to be anywhere between 160-170. i'm at 222 now, was 250
  • eidnahenri2
    Options
    One doctor, who knows nothing about me beyond one urgent care visit, insisted I need to weigh five pounds less than whatever my lowest adult weight ever was. About 25 years ago, I was 108 lbs at 5'9" at the time. I'm 5'8.5" now due to a broken back (compression fractures L4-L5) about 10 years ago, and age, I'm sure. So that means he would like me to be 103 lbs. He said that regardless of height, there's no excuse whatsoever for any woman to wear clothes in double digit sizes. Ever.

My regular doctor, who knows pretty much everything there is to know about me and my health and wellbeing, has told me time and again that according to all of my blood work and other criteria she evaluates, I have no weight related health problems, so I should aim for whatever previous adult weight at which I felt good and was satisfied with my appearance. I feel best and think I look best somewhere between 165-175 lbs. This is still above the healthy bmi range, but it translates (on my body, but probably not other women's bodies) to about a size 12, which suits me just fine.
  • allie491
    allie491 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and a half, my goal weight is 155, anywhere between 150 and 155, I feel I look my best.

My body does not seem to want to go below that number.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I look best around 165-170 (that's around 18% body fat for me). I got down to 155 and started looking like a skeleton, so I gained muscle.
  • mapierce2
    mapierce2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" also. I honestly have no idea what my goal should be because I haven't ever been a healthy weight in my adult life. I tell myself I'd like to get to 150, but who knows? Like others have said, I guess I'll just stop when I'm happy and comfortable with my body.
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" with an initial goal of 155, might go down to 150 but I liked how I looked around 170 so just depends.
  • IllustratedxGirl
    IllustratedxGirl Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    One doctor, who knows nothing about me beyond one urgent care visit, insisted I need to weigh five pounds less than whatever my lowest adult weight ever was. About 25 years ago, I was 108 lbs at 5'9" at the time. I'm 5'8.5" now due to a broken back (compression fractures L4-L5) about 10 years ago, and age, I'm sure. So that means he would like me to be 103 lbs. He said that regardless of height, there's no excuse whatsoever for any woman to wear clothes in double digit sizes. Ever.

My regular doctor, who knows pretty much everything there is to know about me and my health and wellbeing, has told me time and again that according to all of my blood work and other criteria she evaluates, I have no weight related health problems, so I should aim for whatever previous adult weight at which I felt good and was satisfied with my appearance. I feel best and think I look best somewhere between 165-175 lbs. This is still above the healthy bmi range, but it translates (on my body, but probably not other women's bodies) to about a size 12, which suits me just fine.

Wow. Never see that first doctor again!!
  • IllustratedxGirl
    IllustratedxGirl Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Weight is relative. It should be more about body composition IMHO.

For example, I'm 5'8 and got down to 136 and looked terrible because I lost weight too fast and a lot of muscle went with it.

I bulked up to 144 and gained some muscle.

Now I'm cutting and I'm down to 138 and look a million times better. I plan on doing more bulk/cut cycles until I'm happy with my body composition.

Moral of the story, don't necessarily put so much into a goal weight. Focus more on body fat percentage and body composition.

I agree, and I am doing the same thing. I use the scale, measurements, and bf% to get an idea of where I am and where I want to go. Once I reach a certain weight, I am going to start a bulking cycle followed by another cutting cycle.
  • salenar2014
    salenar2014 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Im 6' my first goal is 199 dont want to see the 2 anymore! dream goal is 165 but i wont be too concerned with the number if i ever get out of the 200s
  • Junken__Diraffe
    Options
    I'm 6'. My current weight is 165. My goal weight is 150 ish. About 2 years ago, I was below 145 and looked sick (partly because I was!). 3 years ago, at my highest, I was at about 218. Presently, I'm working on slimming down and gaining muscle. I'd like to be back to where I was last summer, which was roughly 150lbs/size 6.
  • Aerona85
    Aerona85 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot 9 and am aiming for somewhere between 150 and 160. The lowest I think I have ever been since about 14 is 173...that was about 5 years ago. I am at 204 again now and I think my body likes that weight better, but I don't :-).
  • kalegria24
    kalegria24 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for posting here!! I'm 5' 8" and like many, never been so low in my adult life. At my highest (this go around :) ) I was 255. I had pretty much settled that my 'normal' adult weight was 235.... Well, now I seem to be pretty stable at 168-170!!! On me that's a size 12-14. First time I've been out of woman's sizes in... uh... ??? Certainly this millennium.
    So I don't know where I'm going, what's right for me. I'd like to lose another 20 or so, to get rid of the tummy I still have. I do have a lot of loose skin that may or may not shrink (I'm 54) but Wow. This has been an incredible journey that keeps on. I do hope this is the last time in my life I will need to lose weight like this. Thank you all for your support!
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot 10 and my ultimate goal is 180. Never in my adult life have I ever been that low so I cant picture it. I am excited to get to onderland... when I DO get to 180 I will re evaluate and maybe go to 175 but I really doubt it. I am a large frame.
  • rachiealx
    Options
    I'm 6' and 150. Aiming for 135.
  • kittimiss
    kittimiss Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 but I am a true apple shape and carry most of my weight around my stomach and back. I'm shooting for 125-130. At 140, even though I was lifting, I looked preggers :laugh:
  • Jamesterz
    Jamesterz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and I like myself right around 135, so I only have a few more pounds to go....but then I have to maintain.

Bleh.

So far I have really liked watching what I eat and counting calories and at first it was hard to give up all the snacks and crap I used to eat, but I have gotten out of that habit over the last 9 weeks and don't want to fall back into it when I reach my goal weight. I don't drink coffee, I don't smoke, so I have to have my one Diet Pepsi every morning, and most days that's all I have

I just want to look good nekkid again. :-)
  • missafan202
    missafan202 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    5'10 I wanna be 135
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I'm also 69 inches, and my goal is 155. My ULTIMATE wish is to be 145, but 155 would work for me because I'm pretty muscular from competing in martial arts.
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and currently 163. I would like to be around 145.