7th Day Itch

Options
carrie12
carrie12 Posts: 2 Member
It seems as though every week without fail, I do so well with tracking/exercising/water intake and staying within my calorie range Mon-Sat but by Sunday, my body (or mind, maybe both) want to rebel and I end up binging on Sunday nights. This habit has been derailing my weight loss efforts. Maybe it's because I have a tendency to be a little more lax with what I eat on Sundays, not really sure. Does anyone else have this problem and any tips/suggestions on how to quell the cravings/habit. Thanks and hope everyone had a great weekend!

Replies

• yungibear
    yungibear Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I go out with my family and church on the weekends (which means the well-intentioned ladies force feed me everything), so I understand!

I try to have a couple days during the week where I eat just slightly under to, in a sense, "bank" my calories. At the same time, I stopped fighting the weekend eating as much. I just eat a maintenance amount of calories on the weekend. I don't go hog-wild on the food, but at the same time, I don't really think too hard about what I'm eating. I just work on keeping the portion sizes in check.

Edit: If you want to see what my weeks look like, my diary is open to anyone to see!

It's a process to see what works best for you, though. So keep at it, stay consistent, and you're bound to see some results and healthier habits! C: I wish you the best!
  • carrie12
    carrie12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the advice! I guess I need to learn to not be so hard on myself on the weekends...and maybe find some activities to partake in- meditation, hiking, etc. to keep my mind occupied since it seems a lot of my Sunday eating is due to boredom. I'll take a look at your diary :) Thanks again yungibear!
  • mizroxy13
    mizroxy13 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Oh girl, do I ever know where you're coming from. I had one of those days that kept derailing my efforts as well, and would happen without fail every single week. I firstly had to wrap my head around getting myself psychologically out of thinking that day was a free-for-all. I sort of told myself that if I ate perfectly all week and met my goals then I could go hog wild(literally). So I put that to an end. Then I decided that if I were going to have a treat meal or something of the sort (which is never planned and rarely happens now), that I would have to be more active that day- which is usually a five mile walk, which burns a decent amount of calories yet probably doesn't make up for the whole treat meal. However, that activity puts me in the right mental place and allows myself to reconnect with what I'm doing. Another thing that I find really important is not having any sort of "build-up" to a day of treating. If I feel like I really need a treat, I allow myself that treat and just keep it within my goals. It makes it really doable in the long run, and without restricting myself I no longer feel the need to have that day of disaster. Hope this helps! :)
  • zoodocgirl
    zoodocgirl Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Think about trying to add in a big hike on Saturday (or even Sunday) as a fun way to bank up some exercise calories.

Or take a peek at the 5:2 way of eating. I don't do it all the time but I do have days where I have to eat out a lot for work travel/events. It basically condenses all of your calorie deficit into two days so that the others can be more lenient. There are groups here and websites if you Google.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!