Get healthy buddy needed!!!

Options
Hi, I'm Joanne, 28, from Manchester. Since last June, I have lost 1stone by learning to eat properly and doing away with the bad habits I had. I am now looking to lose another 30-35lbs (hopefully by Christmas).

I have never been fit and have smoked for 12 years. I have entered myself in the Manchester 10K in May, and I am also going to try to climb Snowdon in June in a bid to get myself fitter. I also packed in the cigarettes 2 weeks ago. And already I feel so much better.

I am looking for a fitness/foodie buddy that can help me along the way and keep me on the straight and narrow, and I will do the same in return!

If you think you can help, then message me! Thanks x :wink:

Replies

• EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I was literally just thinking this when your post popped up!
    I'm Evelyn,I'm 21 and i'm going to do a 10k in Lincoln for Macmillan cancer in March....and i am soooo bad at running!
    I too lost a stone last year but i got relaxed,put a couple KG back on and forgot about losing my other stone. I'm trying to get back on track now!

x
  • kwise127
    Options
    Hi Joanne,
    I'm Kris in Tx and I'm trying to loose 60lbs. I went hiking last fall which started this process. I want to go on multiday hike in the smokey mountains.

Please feel free to add me as a friends and we'll keep each other motivated.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I'd like to start off with the 5k, and work my way up from there. Friend request sent.
  • Sohnsearae
    Options
    Hello, any K at all seems out of reach, but I'm just starting. I love hiking in the Oregon Gorge and am looking forward to completing the 10 mile hike on Mt St Helens this summers as I live just about an hour away. =o) Add me if you like! I'm looking to lose 50lbs by june when I make my first trip to NY and I'm trying to get back to the weight I was when I met and married my husband almost 10 years ago!
  • joannepearson
    Options
    Hi!! I have started with not being able to run 1/2k never mind a 10k run!! But its getting easier, I am doing a 5k run on March, my goal is the 10th March!

Do you have a date for your 5K run? x
  • EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I did a strangled jog for 30mins this evening and nearly passed out.
    Please tell me it will get better!?