Wii dance games

Options
I am going round and round between Just Dance, Just Dance 2, Zumba, and Gold's Gym Dance Party. Could someone help me decide?

I'm looking for something to add to my regular circuit training (The Firm workouts), that my girls might like to do with me (they're 12 and 15). One girl's a bit more coordinated than the other -- I don't want the difference to be glaring and make anyone feel bad.

So ... I'd like to choose a game that's fairly easy to learn, challenging enough to burn calories, but so fun you don't really notice you're exercising.

Replies

• chrish1981
    Options
    I am going round and round between Just Dance, Just Dance 2, Zumba, and Gold's Gym Dance Party. Could someone help me decide?

I'm looking for something to add to my regular circuit training (The Firm workouts), that my girls might like to do with me (they're 12 and 15). One girl's a bit more coordinated than the other -- I don't want the difference to be glaring and make anyone feel bad.

So ... I'd like to choose a game that's fairly easy to learn, challenging enough to burn calories, but so fun you don't really notice you're exercising.

You burn a TON doing the Zumba, and there are even three different levels you can choose from.

It's the only one I have, and I LOVE it, but I've heard that Just Dance is good, too.
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    I have Just Dance 1 and 2 and Zumba videos. All of them are a lot of fun. I think Zumba is a little bit harder, it kicks my but every time! The Just Dance games are more.... well, games! I don't even notice that I'm getting a work out until I'm done and sweaty :)
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I have Just Dance 2 and just love it. Even my 7 yr old plays with me although it's a little advanced for his age. But I'm sure older kids (like yours) would do just fine with it. The best part is... it's just plain ol' fun. We (my son and I) have a blast playing it even though he can't quite keep up just yet.

Looking forward to getting Zumba.. for myself, I must admit! :)
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    So ... sounds like the Just Dance would be better for my girls?
  • deeanne22
    Options
    Hi,

I have borrowed Just Dance 2 from my friend and LOVE it!!

You can dance alone or with friends and there is a sweat programme.

The songs are good and you get the hang of the dance moves quite quickly.

I tried a DVD of Zumba but didn't get into it..... to cheesy lol and I didn't enjoy the music or dance moves
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys! I ordered Just Dance 2. I really want my girls to have fun with it, and I have a feeling the Zumba might feel too silly to them and they might not like the music as much.

It should come tomorrow -- just in time for weekend dance partying!
  • karsmith0513
    Options
    My 11 granddaughter, her momma, and aunt love the just dance 2
  • jaitken_22
    jaitken_22 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I've seen so many fitness games for the wii now and I find it hard to decide what ones to get. But I think I'm going to get the Zumba one when it's released here in March and also Just Dance 2 - both fun ways to lose weight and can get the kids involved as well!
  • TwilaG
    TwilaG Posts: 134
    Options
    My girls (ages 12, 14, and17) and I have been doing the Just Dance. We have a lot of fun and get a workout. By the third day, I noticed my body getting a little sore; therefore, it must be worth it.
  • deeanne22
    Options
    I know its not a dance game but have to recommend EA Sports Active on the WII.
    You do 30 mins a day squats, running, arm raises etc. I had trouble walking down the stairs today lol
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    For fitness Zumba would be the best.