I do enough cardio at work ..so

Options
I dont want to do more cardio after work ..I mean my job contains tons of movment and climbing , so I just want to lift weights and dont feel like I need more cardio

I know the question sound dumb , but do you think what I'm doing is logical ?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I dont want to do more cardio after work ..I mean my job contains tons of movment and climbing , so I just want to lift weights and dont feel like I need more cardio

I know the question sound dumb , bit do you think what I'm doing is logical ?

if you dont want to do any more cardio, then dont... no ones making you...
  • alakafi
    alakafi Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I mean is it enough or I should do more
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I mean is it enough or I should do more

enough for what?! what is your job?

if you're eating at a deficit you'll lose weight regardless of exercise.
  • alakafi
    Options
    I'm civil engineer

I know that eating at deficit will make me lose weight
    But I mean is it too much to do more cardio and
    Is it enough for health reasons to not do anymore cardio after finshing my work
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I'm civil engineer

I know that eating at deficit will make me lose weight
    But I mean is it too much to do more cardio and
    Is it enough for health reasons to not do anymore cardio after finshing my work

i have no idea what that entails, so i cant really help...

if you have health issues you are probably best speaking to a doctor about what is sufficient exercise.

to be honest theres not really such a thing as 'too much exercise' look at marathon runners, iron men, triathletes etc etc... as long as you're fueling your exercise properly.
  • sakuya3834
    sakuya3834 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    If you want to do more exercise, then do it. You don't have to. Just eat less calories than you burn, whatever you choose, and you'll lose weight.
  • helengetshealthy
    helengetshealthy Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    In your diary settings, have you set your daily activity levels to reflect how active your job is? If you're really active, make sure you have given yourself enough calories for the day. Also, invest in a heart rate monitor - that way you can see your calorie burn on an average work day! :D
  • alakafi
    Options
    Is hrm accurate ?

I feel like it will really help

Ty for the hel
  • Altintren
    Options
    In your diary settings, have you set your daily activity levels to reflect how active your job is? If you're really active, make sure you have given yourself enough calories for the day. Also, invest in a heart rate monitor - that way you can see your calorie burn on an average work day! :D

I agree the reply above. You need to choose your daily activity correctly. Go to Settings > Update Your Diet Profile and choose one of them;

Sedentary: Spend most of the day sitting (e.g. bank teller, desk job)
    Lightly Active: Spend a good part of the day on your feet (e.g. teacher, salesman)
    Active: Spend a good part of the day doing some physical activity (e.g. waitress, mailman)
    Very Active: Spend most of the day doing heavy physical activity (e.g. bike messenger, carpenter)

Then just watch your calories. You don't have to do cardio. If you are enough active during the day. Stay away from sugar and carb.

I'm sedentary so i have to do exercise at least for my heart and blood circulation etc.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Does the activity at work leave you unable to talk or to sing a song?
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Stay away from sugar and carb.

That's interesting, I would have thought s/he would need carbs to keep going with such a physical job.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to do CV work, don't do CV work. It is as simple as that.

and fwiw don't bother with an HRM at work, it's meaningless.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Stay away from sugar and carb.

That's interesting, I would have thought s/he would need carbs to keep going with such a physical job.

It's nonsense.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Is hrm accurate ?

I feel like it will really help

Ty for the hel

Nope. HRMs would be better at estimating your burn for steady state cardio such as using fitness cardio equipment at largely the same sustained pace.

You may be better off with an activity tracker like fitbit which can at least count your steps. If you modify your activity from sedentary, make sure you're not also counting your fitbit steps - unless you count it just for an intentional walk after work, for example - because that would be double counting calories burned.
  • helengetshealthy
    helengetshealthy Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    If you get a decent one, it will ask you to input information that will help it to calculate a fairly accurate calorie burn, info such as weight and age!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    You don't want to do it, so you aren't doing it.

Yes. Very logical. :)