Progress! 181 to 154

merisaOct3
merisaOct3 Posts: 197 Member
Progress%20Pics.jpg

www.dropbox.com/s/ygvoxs81lo1zcwq/Progress%2520Pics.jpg

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_BN8uj54O3ORVdVUkc4alc0QUE/edit?usp=sharing

Started on MFP in mid-January (right after I got home from the trip pictured where I'm ziplining!). My original goal was to lose 20 lbs for my wedding in October. Once that goal was met, I set my new goal to 147 lbs. I'm 5' 4.5", and I've never been interested in being "thin" - just healthy and fit. I feel good, well on my way and within striking distance of my goal. My seamstress is going to kill me, because my wedding dress is huge and will need altered again!

ETA: Sorry, I cannot get the photo to work, let me know if you can help!

Replies

• hmmillinor
    hmmillinor Posts: 5 Member
    That's amazing! Congratulations. I am set to lose the same amount. Do you have any advice that helped you the most?
  • merisaOct3
    @hmmillinor - not really! No magic... I've just stuck with it, even if I have imperfect days or a week here and there. I think it's easy to get off track when you're comfortable with your weight (as I am). Personally, high protein, low sugar/carb, restricting processed foods, and eating at home (cutting back on dining out) have all helped. I've always been a good exerciser - so I've kept up with that, added more strength/resistance training, and started working out first thing in the morning. But really, I am now a true believer that "abs are made in the kitchen." At the end of the day, it's just been about creating a sustainable deficit (for me).
  • bigboar
    bigboar Posts: 13 Member
    Good job!
  • Awesome! You will be a gorgeous bride :flowerforyou:
  • jwats8
    jwats8 Posts: 112
    Great job!! How long did it take you? I see you joined in Jan. 2014. I have just about the same amount to lose this time around- I'm 5'9", 184 right now, but working toward 145-150. I'm losing roughly 1 pound per week, but getting frustrated at how slow it's going!
  • merisaOct3
    It's taken me since mid-January - so we're at 7 months almost (29 weeks I think?). Just shy of one pound per week. I am totally comfortable with that, as I think my loss and plan has been sustainable for me.
  • merisaOct3
    a087df1e-d127-4c96-9111-4cf51b3e2c7c.jpg

I think I finally got the photo to work!

Oy... I also found this gem from June/July 2008:

016.jpg

As you can see, this has been a many-year process with ups and downs...
  • A-MAZ-ING!!!

YOU INSPIRE ME TO KEEP GOING! I am about 184 now-I am on a rampage to get my weight off myself. You look GREAT girl. I also have to mention that your weight loss shows a more "youthful you." I'm sure you're enjoying that! Thanks for sharing your photos. If you do not mind, please share what workouts worked best for you.

H_S_F
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!