Favorite cardio machine...do u HAZ ONE?

Options
Yes, that was LOLCAT speak. I just can't shake it. I think it's my second language.

Anyway, I HATE the elliptical and I feel like it's cheating. What are your thoughts?

I prefer the good ol' fashion DREAD-MILL, stairtreadmill and arc trainer for cardio. What about you?!

Replies

• CobraBubbles
    Options
    My own body. :P Haha. I love jumping around.
    Skipping ropes are great too.
  • lucky48
    lucky48 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm just the opposite. I hate the treadmill (why I purchased one, I have no idea). I prefer the elliptical because since my foot surgery, I have trouble with the stress that running causes on my foot. I like the Precor AMT (Adaptive Motion Trainers) especially. They aren't really an elliptical but they adapt to different types of movements; you can use them like a stair climber or an elliptical.

I like them because I can basically do the same type of stride as a running stride without the impact of running. They are great! Some of them even have televisions or ipod docks built into them so you can watch tv or a movie or listen to music while working out.
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Cybex 750at arc it rocks
  • Troutstream
    Options
    I am a Shrek, so I cannot do impact machines. I have come to love the AirDyne.
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I like the AMT machine (similar to ARC i think ...). It allows me the full range of motion without putting pressure on my messed up foot/ankle - and I burn more cals on it than the elliptical (probably due to the arm motion and range). I can also integrate squats into my cardio session.

/edit - I agree with Lucky48 =)
  • tuduis
    tuduis Posts: 67
    Options
    ROWING MACHINE - For the Win

Crushes on the calorie burn if you have the correct form and rhythm
  • cflorkie
    cflorkie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love the treadmill, but my favorite would have to be my own two feet at the indoor jogging track.

I can't do elipticals either, I have bad hips and can't walk for weeks after using one of them.
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I love the ellipitical but have also come to love the treadmill since I started running, can't wait for summer so I can run outside :happy:
  • lorijohnson1999
    Options
    I have a gazelle and love it. You get a great work out and its not as hard on the knees.
  • shallott
    shallott Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the elliptical machine I use at my gym. There are 5 different brands, I only use 1 because it fits the female body (stride & arm length) better than the big bulky ones.

It's not cheating; it helps burn calories and gets you the distance and time you require for a day's workout putting the pounding stress on your joints.

I did 90% of my ironman marathon training on the elliptical machine and finished the race in 13:29:12... my marathon time was 5hrs, but that was after the 4km swim and 182km bike ride so I was tired :)
  • cclala
    cclala Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Yes, that was LOLCAT speak. I just can't shake it. I think it's my second language.

Anyway, I HATE the elliptical and I feel like it's cheating. What are your thoughts?

I prefer the good ol' fashion DREAD-MILL, stairtreadmill and arc trainer for cardio. What about you?!

I am all about classes. No machine so far has given me the same push/mental distraction. I'll look at the clock after an hour of zumba, drenched in sweat, and it's like, oh wow, that was fast. An hour on the dreadmill? First of all I'd never push myself to the same level of exertion I can get in a class, but I also find the boredom/clock counting to be the worst part. Have you tried a class?

Bai!
  • stenochick
    stenochick Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    row row rowing machine is my fav.
    melanie
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    My own two legs and running!!

But if I have to be on a machine, I love the True Strider. I haven't seen a lot of them and the movement is awkward @ first, but you get a ridiculous calorie burn. I'm guessing due to the range of of motion since the treads "slide" too. Right behind that is the Arc Trainer.