What do you guys think about my goal weight?

Options
I'm 18 years old, my height is 1.86 (6'1") and I want to weight 85 kilos (187 lbs). What do you think about that?

My actual weight is 121 kilos (266 lbs). My first goal is to be under 100 kilos (220 lbs)

Replies

• AllieLosingIt
    AllieLosingIt Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    A quick google search says 151-189 pounds for your height. Sounds like a pretty decent goal to me.
  • brcossette
    brcossette Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I like your question and i'm curious as to what other people think about this. I'm 6'0 and i started out at 316 lbs and i set my goal at 180. I haven't weighed 180 since i finished army basic 33 years ago so i'm not sure if thats a realistic goal or not. I think as we get older we develop more muscle mass as well so maybe 200 is more realistic.
  • rose2786
    Options
    I agree sounds like a good goal
  • rose2786
    Options
    I would aim for 200lb then see how you feel...
  • harleenarang
    harleenarang Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I think its a good goal but it would be better if you can breakdown your final goal into a few short term goals with timelines (just a suggestion). Make sure these goals are SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely). If I was you, I would divide them up till my 20th birthday and make sure I enter my 20's with a new healthy body. :):)

Also, do measure yourself because sometimes the scale doesn't show much difference if you are losing fat and gaining muscle but your measure tape will definitely show results.

Best of luck and MFP is a great place to talk, discuss, get ideas and get motivation !!
  • shortie_cheryl
    shortie_cheryl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a healthy weight to me as well. Good Luck!
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    your 10 lbs lighter than when i started, the same height, and have the same goal weight, so id say its good. coincidentally 220 was my first goal too