New and looking for friends :-)

Options
Hi, I'm Lucy and I live in Herefordshire. I'm 34 and a mature student at University studying for a BSc in Psychology. I have had an ongoing battle with my body since I was about 17, and through various health problems and scares I've put on weight, then lost it, then put on again. Being a student and having been diagnosed with ME when I was 17, I still have various issues with aches and pains at times, and I am spending large quantities of time sitting on my buttocks reading books and doing work which I know contributes to putting on weight.

I lost weight a few years ago and went from a size 20 down to a size 12, and yet now that I'm a student again I'm finding that the size 12 clothes are getting a wee bit tight and I'm feeling conscious of myself again. My self esteem has never been great anyway - so it would be lovely to lose a bit more weight, control it so that it doesn't yoyo and while doing this meet some like minded people to e-mail and stay in touch with.

I've also moved from Wiltshire to Herefordshire, so my support network of friends are no longer around. I've got Uni friends, but them being younger than me, and me being a mature student........when they have holidays they disappear back to where they live and I've not go any other friends in this area that I can see or do anything with. That in itself isn't a problem because I've got an adoring partner who I spend all of my time with - but it would be nice to make some friends and just establish a new life in this area.

Would be lovely to hear from a) anyone in Herefordshire or Worcestershire b) anyone who would just love to natter and offer some support

I will be blogging but I'm notorious for having to spend time on other things and forgetting.....so it might not be regular!

Replies

• gregholmes1974
    gregholmes1974 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Im some way from Hertfordshire (Devon actually) but happy to have an extra friend on here :)

request sent
  • mjst_2014
    mjst_2014 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi Lucy,

Welcome and feel free to add me to your list, I am further up in the Midlands.
  • mjst_2014
    mjst_2014 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Birmingham, West Midlands.
  • stellag1969
    stellag1969 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well I am not near you but feel free to add for support if you like.
  • Tigg_
    Tigg_ Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi Lucy, would love to chat :) will send you a friend request.
  • ricomincia
    ricomincia Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    :) Used to live in Malvern for years love the area! Moved back to my native homeland of North Yorkshire 6 years ago but still miss Malvern and the surrounding areas dearly! :)

Anyway...Good luck with you plans! Feel free to add me if you need any motivation... I'm doing something most days (cycling/running/walking) and log regularly.