Super eleven shakes

Options
I just bought 3 bags of this from Groupon as it looked like a reasonable price but I couldn't find any reviews other than bloggers that get sent free stuff to review. I've only had 2 shakes so far. The first one I mixed with semi skimmed milk and it was really bland. Today I have mixed it with almond milk as it suggests and it was much better. The shake has a chocolate flavouring which I think is due to the raw organic cacao bean, but does have a lot of bits in it from the various seeds, so if you only like smooth drinks you might struggle.

The packet lists the ingredients and some of their benefits as follows:
raw organic cacao bean
raw organic goji berries - increases immunity, protects liver
shelled hemp - protein, amino acids
raw organic brown rice,
non GMO lecithin
Raw organic maca root - stamina and libido, fights cancer
Acai berries - regulates sleep, body detox
spirulina - vitamins and energy
green tea extract
camu camu powder - improves skin, fights cold and flu
chai seed - reduces blood pressure, controls blood sugar
organic evaporated cane juice
organic banana fruit
guar gum
organic flaxseed - protective effects against cancer
stevia extract leaf

2 scoops contains 3g fat, 10g carbs, 3g protein, 1g fibre

I will update this in a couple of weeks and let you know how I'm getting on and if I feel any different

Replies

• nsib
    nsib Posts: 1
    Options
    How's it been so far? I am considering buying it too!
  • LadyInverbridie1
    Options
    I've been using them for a couple of weeks now if I don't feel like lunch. I've been blending it with either almond milk or the alpro coconut milk. I usually blend a banana too and maybe some frozen berries. Sainsbury's do great selections. My favourite so far has been coconut milk, the shake powder and frozen dark cherries. Just delicious.
  • fatboyliz
    fatboyliz Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I find these make a really nice snack, I just mix it with almond milk. Wouldn't use as a meal replacement as like food too much! Going to try the green one soon.
  • misskayb
    misskayb Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, i also purchased 2 of these through groupon.
    Ive been doing Slimming world for 1 week after 5 unsuccessful months of herbalife.
    I have about a stone to lose.

I recently had blood tests done as the doctor thinks i could have some digestive problems, resulting in why i am not losing weight, bloating etc.

I came accross the super eleven deal on groupon and thought it could help.

I just wondered, have you lost any weight since using super eleven? and how do you use them?
    Ive been having one for breakfast with almond milk and an apple or banana (not blended, eaten alongside)

• fatboyliz
    Options
    Hiii! I looooveeeee super eleven. I just mix it with almond milk (or the green one into a fruit smoothie). I have lost weight - I would not ever say that the shake has caused the weight loss, but it has definitely helped as a healthy snack - better than a fatty choc milkshake! :)
  • NatalieS80
    Options
    I can 100% recommend another brand which I think is better! It's called Purition.co.uk. they have had some really good reviews on their blog and their intermittent fasting shake has been backed and endorsed by leading nutritionist Amanda Hamilton. I have been having Purition for two years now and it has improved my digestion gives me more energy and I've lost weight. I have it for breakfast or as a snack. It does have bits but it fills me up its like a meal in a glass or you can add it to yogurt. They do chocolate, pistachio and coconut all naturally flavoured no nasties in their ingredients.
  • fatboyliz
    Options
    Purition do sample sizes which is great - you can try each flavour to see what you like, which I love as I am very fussy (I really hate their chocolate, do not think it tastes chocolatey at all).

Different idea to super eleven - high in protein, so great for gym, super eleven is more just a superfood mix for added health! I think both are fab :)
  • edwardtaylor3
    Options
    Hey Liz, just to let you know that we (purition) have now increased the cocoa content of our chocolate, we don't add flavourings (even so called natural ones) so if you'd like a sample of the new chocolate recipe let me know. Purition is a wholefood meal in glass and as you rightly say a very different proposition to Super11.