Astrology and Workout Style

Options

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Heh, astrology used to be a major, major interest for me.

I am a Taurus with Aquarius ascendant. Aquarius is an air sign, ruled by Saturn and Uranus.

I love boxing and cycling.
    Hate heavy weights.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm an Aries and channel surfing is my favorite exercise.
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm a Leo with Aquarius rising. I like anything new. I get really bored really quick. I'm currently running since it's summertime.
    No treadmills though - that's like my own personal hell.
  • vismundcygnus27
    vismundcygnus27 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    tumblr_n6tlbbYxEI1qls66ao2_500.gif

I love this show.

i've tried everything but i give up. what show is this?

Orange is the New Black.

wha???? i've seen every episode but i don't recognize that person or that scene.

It was from the first episode of the second season, I think. It's Piper's bunkmate who is obsessed with astrology, and keeps charts on everyone, and is extremely distressed that Piper hadn't told her the specifics of her birth. She's nuts.
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I used to be into astrology a few years back. Actually I studied it from 2006 to like a couple years ago. Just got busy and lost interest but I retain my knowledge about it beyond sun signs. Interesting to see a thread about it though.

My sun sign is in Sagittarius, My rising is in Aquarius, and in my 1st house I have Mars. Mars in in Aries. I have my rising in Aquarius, but it's at 25 degrees so it's pushing close to Pisces. I also have a Sun trine Mars, too.

My Mars sign is square Neptune, Uranus and Saturn, which seems to be not very good.

I have not ventured into weights. I've thought about it, but I worry about what people will think of me. I know it's stupid, but I do think it is important to be strong.

I'm into running and have been since I was young. Currently running at 50 miles per week... longest run is 16.5 miles. Hoping to push for 17 miles tomorrow morning. Training for a marathon.
  • crys39
    crys39 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wut?

This

^^Definitely this....:huh:
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I love astrology. I believe in it as much as I believe in the Blood Type Diet, which is to say not at all, but I admit, by sheer coincidence, mine fits me extremely well in almost every detail.

In any case, I'll be different as far as this thread goes. I'll have fun and use my Chinese zodiac: I'm a Water Rat. And my current best exercise is swimming. Though I favor running, I'm a rat with creaky knees and spine, so I swim better than I run.
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Okay, as a former pagan (now atheist), I came in here to lurk and see where this thread went. (moar gifs plz)

But then I thought it was funny that my rising sign is Sagittarius, the centaur, and my sport is riding horses.

I truly love this stuff (astrology, goddesses, witches, magic), even if I don't believe in it anymore. Is that weird? Dammit, I'm weird. What planet rules that?
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I dont know astrology, but im a cancer and my birthday was last week.

My interests change monthly. Last month I was weight training, and this month im loving water aerobics. Goodness only knows what next month will bring when my Y is closing the pool for 2 weeks.
  • crys39
    crys39 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm a Gemini with Uranus rising. I like hip thrusts.

:laugh: ....is it me or does this sound really dirty??
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Okay, as a former pagan (now atheist), I came in here to lurk and see where this thread went. (moar gifs plz)

But then I thought it was funny that my rising sign is Sagittarius, the centaur, and my sport is riding horses.

I truly love this stuff (astrology, goddesses, witches, magic), even if I don't believe in it anymore. Is that weird? Dammit, I'm weird. What planet rules that?

It is weird, but I'm the same way. I'd love to live in an urban fantasy novel. I just happen to know I don't. I think we're ruled by planet geek in my case in the house of the rising pun.
  • SeptemberLondon
    SeptemberLondon Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Libra - ruled by Venus, with Cancer rising. My favorite exercise is the sweaty kind you have in bed BEFORE leaving for the gym. :love:

But AT the gym... I prefer spinning and lifting.
  • rbailey614
    Options
    Cancer is a water sign so you should be at your best when swimming...
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Trying hard not to get banned so ... I'll just sit here in the corner tittering to myself .... Please, carry on....
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'm a Taurus, ascending Libra. The only deduction I can take off the information I came across is that because I'm an earth sign, that might have something to do with me preferring to exercise outdoors? But that's only true when it's warm out - which may also have to do with my sign since we tend to be pleasure seekers and there's nothing pleasant, IMHO, about walking or running outside when it's below freezing. (shrug)

I've actually gone through phases with exercise. I used to strongly prefer weights as cardio was very difficult for me in the beginning. But with weight loss, time and practice, cardio became easier and I wasn't so much into the weights. I try to do a balance of both but when it's nice out, I do prefer to be outside so tend to skip my weight training for a few months.

Astrology is very interesting and entertaining. Nothing wrong with that!
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Trying hard not to get banned so ... I'll just sit here in the corner tittering to myself .... Please, carry on....

There's nothing funny about it.

Anyway, i sweat during exercise, which is no surprise since i'm a water sign (Pisces). Coincidence? I think not!
  • SpencerGJackson
    SpencerGJackson Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    What is your "sun sign" better yet do you know your "rising sign" (that would be determined by your time, place and dob)? If you don't know both tell us which one you do know and your exercise style? Name an exercise you DO like and one you DON'T. For instance, my rising is Scorpio and its ruled by Mars and Pluto (governs metal/steel). I seem to naturally gravitate more to weights, i've never been a "ZUMBA" girl. Just curious...

Signed:

*feel free to add me if you like
    All i know is I am an Ares.

I was born March 28 1991 at 11:59 p.m. in San Diego California.

Iike biking, jogging and swiming.

Havnt found what i dislike yet.

Is that enough info?
  • SpencerGJackson
    SpencerGJackson Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Apparently im rising Sagittarius.
    Both fire signs?

Not sure what to make of this.
  • Gawanne
    Gawanne Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Libra, with pig as my Chinese sign. Oh dear, what does that say about me? LOL
    Sitting on the fence and shuffling to the fridge?