B vitamin complex/Increased metabolism?

Options
I recently added a B Vitamin complex (as in just started taking it today) I also take a multi-vitamin. I've read the B vitamins are supposed to increase metabolism, but can too much be a bad thing? The multi-vitamin has 100% daily B Vitamins, and so does the B complex im taking. My metabolism is AWFUL and im looking to boost it. I've also started to take Fish Oil for Omega 3's.

thoughts?

Replies

• kay43026
    Options
    I just started taking B Complex yesterday, too. I friend told me it really helped her, so I thought I'd give it a try. I also take Fish Oil and Red Yeast Rice (for cholesterol) and a probiotic.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I have heard the same things, however, I have to take the b-complex with food, if I take it on an empty stomach it makes me nauseous! I also take fish oil, magnesium, vit. C, and biotin....
  • n4ughtyangel
    Options
    Try pineapple for breakfast, it's a great metabolism booster!
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    Try pineapple for breakfast, it's a great metabolism booster!
    really??? I LOVE PINEAPPLE!
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Like anything else, you don't want to go overboard on the B vitamins. The question is, what's the right amount for you as an individual? It may not be so easy to tell without some lab tests. I used to think I was getting plenty from my multivitamin, but when my doctor ran tests on me last fall she said I either wasn't absorbing it or needed more for whatever reason. She had me switch to a sublingual dose instead of the pills and re-tested me a couple of months later and it was in the right range. There's a lot of great info on nutrition and ways you can try to boost your metabolism on the realage.com site. Search for Vitamin B there, and Vitamin B overdose, if you want to see some of the studies on it.
  • afred29
    afred29 Posts: 29
    Options
    I also just started taking it as well. Hope it helps because I also believe my metabolism is terrible.