Damn...I REALLY want those truffles...

Options
I have a very sweet tooth. Problem is I can't really control myself around sweet things -- I have to buy them in moderation to eat them in moderation.

I've been wanting some chocolate truffles I've seen in my supermarket's bakery. They're homemade, and you have to buy a whole container of 16 of them. They're not like some brand truffles that sell portion controlled containers of just 2 or 3. And they taste so much better than the brand ones.

But I know that I won't be able to eat just one or two. I'm scared to buy them, because I know the chances are good that I'll sabotage my entire week's deficit with them. :indifferent: Any advice?

Replies

• JoeCampbell85
    Options
    Can you just get them and freeze them away? They will still be there to tempt you but if you are like me and enjoy the soft silky texture of the truffles, them being frozen may be just enough of a stall for you to wrangle with your willpower.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Buy them to share with a friend, and make sure the friend takes the majority of them with her?
  • FlowerFairy493
    Options
    Can you just get them and freeze them away? They will still be there to tempt you but if you are like me and enjoy the soft silky texture of the truffles, them being frozen may be just enough of a stall for you to wrangle with your willpower.

You might have something there. The challenge will be for me to wait long enough for them to become frozen rock solid...eh.
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Send some to me.
  • FlowerFairy493
    Options
    Send some to me.

I might just bluetooth you some :bigsmile: They might arrive flat and filled with data dots there though...
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    without knowing what your preferred eating plan is, have you tried chocolate fat bombs?

melt equal parts by weight of 85% (or higher) dark chocolate with coconut oil. mix until smooth. add liquid sugar substitute (i use vanilla creme stevia) and possibly a flavoring extract (orange, peppermint, etc.) to taste. pour into molds of some sort, like silicone or lined mini cupcake pans. keep frozen, and eat with care because those suckers will melt all over you given the chance.

those have become my go-to treat when i'm craving chocolate. the nutritional profile will depend on the chocolate you use and the size of the bombs.
  • FlowerFairy493
    Options
    without knowing what your preferred eating plan is, have you tried chocolate fat bombs?

melt equal parts by weight of 85% (or higher) dark chocolate with coconut oil. mix until smooth. add liquid sugar substitute (i use vanilla creme stevia) and possibly a flavoring extract (orange, peppermint, etc.) to taste. pour into molds of some sort, like silicone or lined mini cupcake pans. keep frozen, and eat with care because those suckers will melt all over you given the chance.

those have become my go-to treat when i'm craving chocolate. the nutritional profile will depend on the chocolate you use and the size of the bombs.

:love: Muhehehe!!!
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Don't walk by the bakery when you go to the market?

Is there a high-end chocolate specialty store you could go to (eg: Godiva) where you can buy an equivalent-or-better truffle individually?
  • Brelynn
    Brelynn Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    a moment on the lips...forever on the hips.....maybe you could substitute something else that would satisfy the craving that you would eat in a controlled way. When I have craving for chocolate I will have a low cal chocolate pudding or a small portion of dark chocolate (a small piece if very satisfying).
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    But I know that I won't be able to eat just one or two...Any advice?

Seems you already know the answer - don't buy them.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Decide what you want more: truffles or your deficit. Until you can learn moderation, that's your choice.

I find that prelogging my treats prevents me from going overboard. If I know that 100 grams of ice cream will fit into my calories for the day, I weigh the ice cream out and then put it away. If I want more, I know that I'll go into the red for calories and I may miss my goals for the week, which isn't worth it.
  • MomforNoah
    Options
    I just can't buy them. I would eat them every day if they are at my home. The freezing idea is a great one :)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    My advice is almost always the same, lol.

Decide what you want, then do it and enjoy it.

You can eat those truffles if you want to. Nobody is stopping you. You can eat none, two, eight or one hundred.

Only you can decide what you want. Decide what it is. Quickly. Whatever you really want will come to you. Do that. Be happy and enjoying doing what you chose to do. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    That was me last week end. Bought the chocolates. They were delicious, but we ended up eating the bag. In the future, I won't be buying them...
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    This might sound sad but I bet they won't taste as good as you want them to.

My suggestion is to see if they offer a sample before you buy. Then you eat ONE sample, they don't make your clothes fall off and you go buy something else you know you love and can control.
  • amykhughes
    amykhughes Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You sound like me! I would buy them on the way to work and leave whatever I didn't plan on eating in the break room where they would disappear in 5 minutes. I couldn't trust myself with all those in the house!
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Buy them when you have a social function to go to, and bring them to it. Have 2 at the function, let others eat them, and if there are any left, insist that someone else / the host keep them.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    Throw a party with some friends, say about 4 - 5 people and buy the box to share. Other people will eat them away and you'll get your 2 - 3 truffles. :bigsmile:
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Throw a party with some friends, say about 4 - 5 people and buy the box to share. Other people will eat them away and you'll get your 2 - 3 truffles. :bigsmile:

I like this idea too. You can invite me to the party and I'll take some of them off your hands :laugh:
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Just for the sake of argument you said "You KNOW you won't be able to stop..."

Look, I KNOW I won't be able to stop my body from falling if I jump from a building. I know it will hit the ground because I can't fight gravity.

So, I think, I am pretty sure you can stop from eating 16 truffles in one sitting. Put them in the freezer. Gravity is not pushing your hand into your mouth. Or buy them, and wrap them tight and keep them in the freezer at work.

Find a way. We spend way too much time thinking of things we CAN'T (ie "won't") do and not actually doing the things we CAN (ie "should") do.