Women's Workout Clothing Help!

Options
Okay, so I bought some boyshorts to wear to work out in. They fit fine, they just ride up sometimes (particularly during kicks in Kenpo X) and even with them pulled as far as they can go, the bottom of my butt cheeks hang out... :/

What I wanna know is, are there some sort of boyshorts (or even something like them) that won't ride up, will cover my butt, and preferably not expensive... like $5-$10 a pair preferably.

Replies

• chicabean420
    chicabean420 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I would check out Costco. The on where I live has a big assortment of decent work out clothes. And they're mostly under $20
  • cflorkie
    cflorkie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love my workout stuff, but I shop a Lululemon and OneTooth, so $$. I used to buy other stuff, but honestly I'm not going back. It fits and moves with you so well!
  • debbyrae3
    debbyrae3 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I love my workout stuff, but I shop a Lululemon and OneTooth, so $$. I used to buy other stuff, but honestly I'm not going back. It fits and moves with you so well!
    I wear the Danskin Now stuff from Walmart and love it! We're going shopping this weekend so I may see what sports stores there have :)
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    Instead of searching for boyshorts, maybe look for women's bike shorts. They still fit tight to the skin and stay in place, but they are a little longer to cover the cheeks. :wink:
  • ssmom
    ssmom Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have the capri style stretch pants...I guess they are like yoga pants. They have a thick waist and are capri length. I got them from Walmart or Target. They are my favorite...I bought a few pairs to wear when not working out. I can't do shorts. They always seem to ride up and I feel extremely uncomfortable.
  • jesshamonko
    Options
    Instead of searching for boyshorts, maybe look for women's bike shorts. They still fit tight to the skin and stay in place, but they are a little longer to cover the cheeks. :wink:

I wear the same thing, I got them at walmart and they were under $10 I love them, no riding up!
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I got what you need Debbyrae. If you go to walmart. They have the starter brand what look like mens boxers but they stretch and don't move. I use them under my shorts. Keeps me from a fixin and a pickin at everything. They are thin unlike bike shorts and they have more movement but are very very comfortable. They are $10 a pair. Check them out.
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    They will be with the starter brand undershirts like under armour. Those are great to go under your shirts as well. Again $10. Don't look for those items in the underwear it will be with the fitness clothes and sweatshirts in the mens section.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I bought some boyshorts to wear to work out in. They fit fine, they just ride up sometimes (particularly during kicks in Kenpo X) and even with them pulled as far as they can go, the bottom of my butt cheeks hang out... :/

What I wanna know is, are there some sort of boyshorts (or even something like them) that won't ride up, will cover my butt, and preferably not expensive... like $5-$10 a pair preferably.

Why dont you just wear pants or capris? Personally I can nottttttttttttttttt workout in shorts. I have thighs so almost all shorts ride up. Spandex are the only ones for me that dont but I dont like the way I look in them. My fav work out gear are yoga pants from old navy and a wife beater.
  • debbyrae3
    Options

Why dont you just wear pants or capris? Personally I can nottttttttttttttttt workout in shorts. I have thighs so almost all shorts ride up. Spandex are the only ones for me that dont but I dont like the way I look in them. My fav work out gear are yoga pants from old navy and a wife beater.
    See, I'm the opposite lol I can't wear pants to work out lol
  • LizardIsANerd
    Options
    Danskin makes boyshorts that aren't Cheeky Shorts.... and also bike shorts... and slighlty baggier workout shorts. I usually wear danskin yoga pants.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options

Wow i just googled Lululemon. There is no way I would pay $98 for a pair of yoga pants. I dont care how much they move with you.
  • AleciaMarie21
    Options
    Ive got a couple pairs of the Danskin work-out pants from Wal-Mart. I believe they're around $10-$12 dollars. Best things I've ever bought!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If you have a D!ck's Sporting Goods, they recently had a great clearance sale: 25% off lowest price. I got a ton of stuff dirt cheap!

* bad word filters are funny, especially when the word isn't really dirty.
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    I wear bike shorts to do workouts at home or when walking around my neighborhood. It's quite a site, but atleast they stay put and I'm not constantly tugging on them. But, I totally wear the danskin capri yoga pants any other time...I'm too self conscience!
  • cflorkie
    cflorkie Posts: 92 Member
    Options

Wow i just googled Lululemon. There is no way I would pay $98 for a pair of yoga pants. I dont care how much they move with you.

:laugh: You would if you saw your @$$ in them!
  • debbyrae3
    Options

I'm of the same school of thought.

ETA: I wouldn't ever pay more than $50 for a pair of jeans and they have to be amazing for that. Most of my jeans run $25-$30 (but I won't buy Walmart jeans hahaha)
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Options
    try a running skirt! I don't have one but have friends who wear them and love them. They are skorts really but allow you freedom of movement and if the short part rides up I guess no one would notice. But I doubt you'd find one for less the $30.
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I wear my husbands boxers when doing P90X haha
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options

I love lululemon!
    I even bought some shares last year on TXE! And their shares went up to 65$ They made me quiet a bit of $!

I've had the same pair of yoga pants since 2007! No balling, fading or mis-shaping. I also own some tennis shorts, and three running skirts ... I just bought my first sports bra from them too ... At first I thought too much $ but they've lasted me 4 years now, so got my $ worth! there is also an outlet store by me