NSV! Ran 1 mile, non-stop!!

Options
Ashwee87
Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
Today, I ran a mile without stopping in 12:20!! I am so ecstatic because thinking back to last year, I struggled to do a mile in 30. Then it was 20. Then for a long time, 18. I feel so great after my runs and the fact that I can hold a run longer and longer is just awesome! :D

I haven't felt so positive and just overall happy since I can remember! YAY!! :D

Replies

• neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Now you have a chance to beat your best and continue. Having goals and accomplishments are key to a healthy lifestyle.
  • Ashwee87
    Options
    Congrats! Now you have a chance to beat your best and continue. Having goals and accomplishments are key to a healthy lifestyle.

Yep and I am constantly been setting myself goals for my runs. I am pushing for that 12 minute mile now. But soon I am going to work on 2+ miles. I have already done 3 5k's and got another one on the 23rd of this month. I am LOVING running and glad I am finally able to do it decently and my shins splints are bothering me anymore. It's awesome!
  • povertystriken
    povertystriken Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Nice job! Just keep pushing yourself like you have been and you can be who you want to be!
  • Ashwee87
    Options
    Nice job! Just keep pushing yourself like you have been and you can be who you want to be!

Thank you! ^_^
  • loriebahde
    loriebahde Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    let me say that i Hate to run. i have never liked it. the pain in my bones has always turned me off from it. that said I am now learning how to run. i have learned how to breath better and the pain is almost non existent. i was never taught how to correctly run and i have been killing myself every time i ran. i am just starting to learn and i have gotten rid of shin splints with proper foot landing practice and i am starting to think that one day i may even be able to enjoy running.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    HIGH FIVE FOR AWESOMENESS!!!!!
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    WOO!

That is a HUGE deal! Congratulations ^1000!! :D
  • Ashwee87
    Options
    Thanks guys! ^__^ I am just so freakin happy about it! I have come a long way! Now ready for this fat to hurry up and melt off me! :P
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    hey good for you!! it is an exciting feeling to accomplish something that you probably thought would never happen!!
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Great work! That is the BEST feeling!! Pretty soon we'll see a post that you did it in 12:10 and then 12:00 and then..... :smile:
  • foomsy
    foomsy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Today, I ran a mile without stopping in 12:20!! I am so ecstatic because thinking back to last year, I struggled to do a mile in 30. Then it was 20. Then for a long time, 18. I feel so great after my runs and the fact that I can hold a run longer and longer is just awesome! :D

I haven't felt so positive and just overall happy since I can remember! YAY!! :D

I know what you mean.
    Its a wonderful achievement.
    Well done and keep it up.
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant- you are making great progress.
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    :smile: Those little victories are the BEST! Keep at it, you're doing great
  • Duggie54
    Duggie54 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! It really does feel great when you achieve something you thought was out of reach. I know about that firsthand. Congratulations!
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options

Good for you! You are so lucky, with my knees, I can't even 10 yards.
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hey, I was impressed when you said "Today I ran a mile without stopping".... :flowerforyou:
    I used to joke and say "I don't do run", but now, when I walk, I find myself wishing I could. I do my little awkward version of it once in awhile (and try to tell myself I'm doing it in intervals, LOL), but I'm envious of those who can run. Congratulations!! :flowerforyou:
  • Skye_NS
    Skye_NS Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - what a great NSV!! I love that even as you're celebrating this win, you've already set your sights higher.
    Keep up the great work & congrats again.

(I also love the dragon pic in your ticker... :smile: )
  • Ashwee87
    Options
    AwesomeBillMurray_zpsdfebdc7d.jpg

tumblr_mqiaarlaHC1sp9fcho1_500.gif
  • Faithhopenlove
    Faithhopenlove Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you keep up the good work (I'll be there one day:smile: )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!