What are your favourite low calorie snacks?

Options
Im new to healthy eating and I'm not sure how to 'treat myself' i have sugar free jello//jelly and frozen fruit but I'm getting a bit sick of it already...!
What do you enjoy? What can i eat? helpppppp?

Replies

• drabbits3
    drabbits3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    100 calorie microwave popcorn, watermelon--I eat a ton-sweet but not a lot of calories, cherry tomatoes and hummus (2 tablespoons), 10 cherries = 50 calories, grapes, fat free greek yogurt--plain, add your own fruit or else the sugar is too high, apple and peanut butter--only a tablespoon of peanut butter though, 4 crackers and one slice of light cheese, mini ice cream bar (check the calories--I found one for 90 calories).
  • KCMission
    KCMission Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit and berries are my go-to when I'm looking for a sweet snack. Sugar-free frozen yogurt is also a good choice - you can get frozen greek yogurt which gives you a bigger dose of protein.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese (plain or with fruit)
    Deli lunchmeat(2-3 oz) of chicken or turkey
    morningstar veggie burger
    hard boiled egg
    cheese stick
    pudding
    greek yogurt
    vitabrownies or vitatops (double chocolate)
  • hscheuerman
    hscheuerman Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I like the 100 calorie popcorn packs that I can pop myself as well as fresh fruit.

I've been using MFP for over 4 months and I have been finding ways to modify my (long term) favorites to make them healthier. It usually means smaller portions or changing ingredients. I have lost 35 lbs so this seems to be working for me.

Last but not least, just keep your eyes and imagination open and good luck!

Helen
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything you want that fits into your calorie and nutrition goals.

Some of my go-to low cal snacks are: string cheese, beef jerky or turkey jerky, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt (with fruit or nuts), apples and peanut butter, veggies w/ hummus, popcorn, or protein snack bars

If I'm looking for something sweet I'll add cocoa powder to vanilla Greek yogurt to get kind of a mousse texture and eat it with fruit, or I might have some frozen yogurt, or if I've hit my nutrition goals and have room in my calories for it I'll just have regular ice cream or a candy bar.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything you want.

Special K popcorn chips and salsa
    Lettuce (the white part) and salsa
    Berries
    Grapes
    Shredded lettuce (just eat it like chips or whathaveyou, with my fingers)
    Rice cake
    Raisins or Craisins
    Apples, peaches, plums, oranges, cherries and assorted other fruits (but berries and grapes are #1)

Gum, if gum counts.
  • Meorainthemaking
    Meorainthemaking Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Pickled beets and pickled okra.