NSV (Girls only plz)

Options
luvamig
luvamig Posts: 90 Member
I can now comfortably wear a skirt. Before I would have to wear bike shorts or something underneath so that my legs wouldn't rub together and cause discomfort. TMI... I know.

Now that none of my pants fit, I have been forced to open up the skirt drawer, which hasn't been touched in a while. I am excited to say that I've been wearing them all week without any ounce of discomfort or rubbing. This is amazing. I feel like a girl again. =D

Replies

• Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep it up!
  • HealthyEscape
    Options
    Can't wait until I get to that point in my life. I HATE skirts right now. So proud of you! Keep up the good work :-)
  • DoralisM
    Options
    CONGRATS! I know that must be such a great feeling to be able to wear your skirts again. I have a cute outfit in my closet that i want to be able to wear in 2 months to help me stay motivated. Keep it UP! :bigsmile:
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    YAY for NSV!!! They keep us going!! Good for you:)
  • moquintana
    moquintana Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I haven't worn a skirt (COMFORTABLY) since Middle School!!!!
  • Scarletblue
    Options
    Congrates!

I think it's great that you take notice of this, these are the things that keep the motivation going and sometimes they are overlooked.
  • onmyway1101
    onmyway1101 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thats great! Keep up the good work doll!
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's awesome! :drinker:
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    That is a great NSV! Way to go! Keep up the good work!
  • GremlinJenny
    Options
    skirts have always been one of my favorite things to wear. so last, last new years i wore a skirt while walking around in vegas, naturally. bc so much of the strip was closed down, the cabs couldn't take you very far, so we all had to walk everywhere. i hadn't realized how much weight i'd gained. but by the end of the night, my thighs were completely chafed and raw and i was MISERABLE and embarrassed. :( my friends couldn't understand why i was complaining and reluctant to change venues every other hour. i couldn't tell them that i was in pain and walking was totally going to exacerbate the chafing! omg.

well... i've since lost nearly 30 lbs and i only just realized right now that i still haven't worn a skirt out. i didn't even notice that. well, it's probably because it's winter, but actually, it was 80 degrees this whole past week... um, i think i'll wear a skirt this week. THANKS.

and congratu-freaking-lations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you're amazing! xoxo.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    I've always loved skirts but ALWAYS worn them with leggings. It had gotten to the point that I would buy a skirt and then automatically figure out what color leggings I would have to purchase in order to even wear the skirt! The same thing with dresses! My whole clothing world has opened up! Ha ha! I still like leggings but now I wear them with sweaters and enjoy my skirts legging free! :o)

Congratulations on your skirt success!!! :o)
  • luvamig
    luvamig Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, it makes me feel a lot better to know that I was not the only one with this super embarrassing problem!
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Aww that's awesome! Congrats!:flowerforyou:
  • Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    Options
    I woke up thinking about this thread actually, and I have a NSV to celebrate as well!...It may sound dumb, but i figured if this is the girls only NSV, you may understand...it is TOM for me...and im drained..no energy I want to eat salt by the pound and chocolate too..but for the first time ever, instead of just giving up and saying well it's b/c of TOM...I pushed through cardio sculpt last night..ate my grilled chicken and veggies for dinner.. etc...It may not seem huge, but in the past i would have totally given into my desire to eat bad, and in awful amounts, as well as just not workout! So for me...working thru it = NSV!!!

Congrats, again, on the skirt! I know it's a great feeling! And THANKS for starting the thread, it's great to celebrate the small things to keep us motivated!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! Problem is, I have very few skirts because I avoided them for so long. Need to go shopping.... :bigsmile:
  • revphillips
    revphillips Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I LOVE skirts - so I wear spanx to avoid the problem - but I can't wait for the day that spanx are no longer necessary!

Great job - keep up the hard work!
  • jdmacfam
    Options
    Nothing like some girl fashion to make you feel great! Congrats and shake it girl! lol
  • fredaro2002
    fredaro2002 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Girl, that is not TMI, because i have been there and still am there! That is good work and motivaing to know that one day i will be able to freely wear my skirts again as well!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    even though I have lost all my weight my friend let me borrow skirt the other day and it was size 0!!! but when I tried it on I felt like it was too short and I felt embrassed for wearing it so I put back on my jeans. lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!