Real bad weekend

Options
By real bad weekend I mean REAL GOOD FOOD ***cough*** I ate an all you can eat pizza buffet and got my money's worth***Cough***... How does one come back from a great weekend? I should really change my weigh in day and not make it Tuesdays... *Sigh* I did my usual looking at the success stories and before and after pics but I know the scale is going to be mean to me tomorrow... and I am scared... not like spider in my hair scared but... well you know.

Replies

• MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    just dont sweat it.

i like to think that one bad day (or weekend) isnt going to make a lick of a difference in my long term weight loss goals.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I feel ya. I didnt do a buffet but I did have more Saturday than I should have. I have been drinking a lot of water to counteract it all. I hope on my weigh day of Friday I see good news.

Good luck tomorrow.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on fridays so the weekends can be "don't ask, don't tell." ;) weigh in with pride. pizza causes a lot of water weight, but just imagine how big your loss will be next week. :)
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I think we all over-do it from time to time. Occasional indulgences are no big deal - you just need to work to make sure they're truly occasional. You still need to be able to enjoy your life and social gatherings (usually involving food) are a big part of that.

If you know you're going to indulge, you might try banking away some calories through the week and start taking a weekly view to your caloric deficit (-3500 / week vs. -500 / day, for example might allow you to be less diligent on weekends as long as you're *really* good through the week) or make time for some extra exercise to help balance things out.

Try not to fall victim to an 'all-or-nothing' mentality. If you have a bad weekend, dust yourself off and start fresh the next day.

This weight loss thing is about 90% mental attitude. The only way you'll lose the game is if you give up.
  • Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Drink a lot of water to help flush things out.

Try not to have cheat days too often because the surplus in one day can pretty much negate an entire week of dieting. So if you're dieting M-F but pig out every weekend then don't be surprised when you make no progress.

If I am feeling down and lethargic, but haven't lost enough weight to where I feel I deserve a cheat day, then I prefer a refeed day or two. I will basically just eat at maintenance with really high carbs for a day or two and that makes me feel normal again.

Personally, I only like to take cheat days when I've lost a good amount of weight and it is well deserved.. so somewhere around 5-10lbs lost. I understand that's not easy to do when you first start out. I was so bad when I first started. I would diet for 2 days, then have a cheat day; Then three days, then a cheat day, etc. Basically for a long time I had a very difficult time making progress. Eventually after months and months I gained enough self control to get to where I am now, which is 5-10lbs or about 4-5 weeks before a cheat day.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I have a food set up that is titled something like I Ate All The Food and it's something like 1500 calories. I would just log that, hit finish for the day, and then move on. Once I hit the Complete button for a day, it's like closure for me so I can just move on to the next day.
  • MarshallLuke
    MarshallLuke Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Here's the best thing to do: Proceed as if it didn't happen and keep on eating healthy. If we over-think every time we have a bad day we are shifting our focus from our goals to our worries.
    On your weigh-in day you go and get on the scale, read the number, and say 'whelp, this is what will happen to me if I don't keep eating healthy.'
    Also, you have just hit on why I don't go to an all you can eat buffet because it's not just dinner, it's a challenge!
  • Megmo127
    Megmo127 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Look at the bigger picture.

Learn from it, appreciate that you were able to enjoy good food & move on! No use wallowing in the past - it's something you cannot change.

Cheers to better days ahead :flowerforyou:
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Want to talk bad weekend - I was at the NASCAR race yesterday. Nuff said.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Just a bump in the road, baby. Chalk it up as a lesson learned and get back on the horse immediately, don't wait for the next day.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it, dear. Just log it and move on... I usually weigh in on Saturday morning, BEFORE the weekend meals start lol. :P
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    All you can eat pizza buffet sounds totally worth it.

Personally I'd skip the weigh in (officially but I'd probably peek anyhow) for a week.
  • oksanatkachuk
    oksanatkachuk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    By real bad weekend I mean REAL GOOD FOOD ***cough*** I ate an all you can eat pizza buffet and got my money's worth***Cough***... How does one come back from a great weekend? I should really change my weigh in day and not make it Tuesdays... *Sigh* I did my usual looking at the success stories and before and after pics but I know the scale is going to be mean to me tomorrow... and I am scared... not like spider in my hair scared but... well you know.

All u can eat pizza buffet is cheaper than just one large 4 seasons pizza???