30 lbs lost, wondering if there's any difference! :)

Options
So, I've lost around 30lbs so far and ever since "accepting" that I'm fat, I've had a REALLY difficult time noticing if I'm "slimmer" or not. I'm 5'5" and apologize for the crappy angles -.- When I moved I unfortunately could not take my giant mirror that you see in the 191 pics. This is not really a "success" story so much, just kind of a bump in the road for me, I'm definitely nowhere near my goal but I'd like to have some feedback.

Without any further adiue... *prays that the photo link works*

ppplDyHl.jpg

edit: SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CLOSE TO FITTING!!! ah screw it.

Replies

• fitsporation96
    Options
    Hello,

Yes there is a massive difference well done!! Keep it up your doing great ????
  • b_e_l_l_a_a_a_a_a_a
    b_e_l_l_a_a_a_a_a_a Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! It's just difficult for me to see changes because a long time ago I accepted that "I'm just meant to be fat/chubby no matter what" and I don't think I've been in the 160's since middle school lol. :blushing:
  • HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    YES! Definitely can see a difference!

Looking good! Great Job
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Big difference! Good job :)
  • cattitude123
    cattitude123 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    you are looking amazing, keep up the good fight!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Definitely see a change...Keep up the good work
  • Fat2Fit_imready
    Fat2Fit_imready Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    The mirror is the worst place to look to find differences in your own body.

The best place? A tape measure.

Stop right now and go get one. I'll wait....

OK, back now? Good.

Now measure: neck, shoulders, chest, waist, hips, upper thigh, calves, upper arms and forearms.

Write those numbers down.

Re-measure every month.

*THAT* is where you'll see the difference. The tape measure never lies.
  • JeralynSh
    JeralynSh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    There is a significant change! I know it's hard to see when you look at yourself every day, but you have done a great job. Keep it up! - from someone who hit 30 pounds lost as of today!
  • high_school_fine
    Options
    Okay Lady :-),

I just tuned in and can see that you've lost weight! Your stomach, for one, is much flatter! Give yourself a break and do not be so hard on yourself. I just got back into working out a few weeks ago after moving from Georgia to Texas. After seeing so many other people who were more fit than me, I decided it's now "MY TURN." Congratulations to you! Although you were not able to bring the "big mirror," count it as a blessing because you were able to keep going in spite of the "partial" reflection looking back at you. If you do not mind sharing, what was the workout that worked best for you? Or better yet, what was the workout you used that really made you BRING IT?

R,

H_S_F
  • b_e_l_l_a_a_a_a_a_a
    Options
    The mirror is the worst place to look to find differences in your own body.

The best place? A tape measure.

Stop right now and go get one. I'll wait....

OK, back now? Good.

Now measure: neck, shoulders, chest, waist, hips, upper thigh, calves, upper arms and forearms.

Write those numbers down.

Re-measure every month.

*THAT* is where you'll see the difference. The tape measure never lies.
    Been measuring since I started three months ago buddy, I update them every week. :)

Anyway, thanks for your insight, everyone! It's really encouraging and makes me want to finally get out of my little rut I'm having.
  • wideturn
    wideturn Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Can I just say you have a super nice body shape!
  • b_e_l_l_a_a_a_a_a_a
    Options
    Can I just say you have a super nice body shape!
    Thanks! I'm not a big fan of it myself though.

I'll happily trade with you if you have long legs and thighs that don't threaten to swallow nations of shorts. :bigsmile:
  • miguellara78
    Options
    Yeaph,
    I can see big difference, you are doing great.

I don't know what your goal is but you are well on your way... :-)
  • BettyandVeronica
    BettyandVeronica Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Wow you can definitely see your waist and hip definition.You are looking great so far.Well done on your progress.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Huge difference. Excellent work! Congratulations!
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I can tell the difference on you so much! I am in a similar position, I am hovering around 160 down from the mid 180s and it just doesn't look like much in the mirror. I think you can never see yourself change as much as others can.
  • cookieinbk82
    cookieinbk82 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I could definitely see the difference. You look great.
  • Falluso
    Falluso Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    We are always our own worst critics. I can see the difference and i believe you should keep doing whatever you are doing because its working. And if you haven't yet started walking on a daily basis.... start now, it's really great for the mind and body. Keep Calm and Stay Strong!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!