NSV! Ran 1 mile, non-stop!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Aww I am not the one to be all emotional, but you guys make me tear. :')

Thank you all! Motivation from this site, Reddit, and just myself; I have come a LONG way in such a short amount of time. YOU guys are ALL awesome as well! Never forget that! :D<3
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo!
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! *hugs*
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Congratulations that's an amazing NSV and one I myself worked very hard for so when I cheer you on it's with extra enthusiasm.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Ashwee87
    Options
    Thanks you guys! <3
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Woo-hoo! Congrats, I've been thinking about starting to run, thanks for the push. Keep it up, let us know when you reach your next goal!:flowerforyou:
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!
  • FitFroglet
    FitFroglet Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    That's great! Well done! I hope to achieve this soon and really appreciate how tough it is. Great work!
  • oOoBLUEoOo
    Options
    That's all kinds of awesome! Can't wait til I can run a mile that fast. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    WHOOO!!!!!
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Wahoo! Congrats!
  • Ashwee87
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! :D You are all awesome!

Even though I have already done a few 5k's I am excited to finally do one and run the entire thing vs walk, run, walk, run. :) I love running and love the feeling it gives me. :) I finally found my passion! <3
  • FatKidAtHeart88
    FatKidAtHeart88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Awesome! How did you heal your shin splints? Mine seem to keep coming back. I got fitted for shoes at a running store and went to the doc to rule out bone problems. It feels like I am doing everything and still cant run :( I have been cleared to start running again, I am just afraid to now.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    That's a terrific accomplishment! Way to go!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is awesome. Bet you are super proud of yourself :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Today, I ran a mile without stopping in 12:20!! I am so ecstatic because thinking back to last year, I struggled to do a mile in 30. Then it was 20. Then for a long time, 18. I feel so great after my runs and the fact that I can hold a run longer and longer is just awesome! :D

I haven't felt so positive and just overall happy since I can remember! YAY!! :D
    Kick *kitten*! You be super proud of this. That's something most people can't do. Go you!
  • Ashwee87
    Options
    Awesome! How did you heal your shin splints? Mine seem to keep coming back. I got fitted for shoes at a running store and went to the doc to rule out bone problems. It feels like I am doing everything and still cant run :( I have been cleared to start running again, I am just afraid to now.

After my second 5k in early July, I started to do leg exercises almost everyday. Stretching, flexing, calf-raises, squats, etc. I also had to take it slow. I just kept walking, going at a power-walk pace for a mile and then slowly worked in a jog here and there. It was seriously only the last couple of weeks that I noticed my shins not bothering me really anymore. They still have some pain, but it is tolerable and something i can just rub and it will feel better. You just really, really have to work on it. Good fitting shoes do help for sure! I eventually need to get some new shoes, but for now, the ones i have currently are doing me okay. :)

Just don't give up, especially if it is something you really want to do. I enjoyed running when I was younger and more fit. I missed it severely as I got fatter and fatter. It took me a while to get where I am now, but once you find yourself running longer and longer, it becomes such an enjoyable thing. I LOVE IT.
  • tracied30
    Options
    Today, I ran a mile without stopping in 12:20!! I am so ecstatic because thinking back to last year, I struggled to do a mile in 30. Then it was 20. Then for a long time, 18. I feel so great after my runs and the fact that I can hold a run longer and longer is just awesome! :D

I haven't felt so positive and just overall happy since I can remember! YAY!! :D

I am so envious of those that can do this! Congratulations!
    I use to run ALL the time when I was younger and very fit (size 3, 110 pounds) and at that time I was a 32b at best. Now I am in my early 40's and my breast are 37dd (but 8 weeks ago was 40ff) and my girls are fibracystic and I have a lump at 9oclock right where my bicep rubs against the breast when running. The girls simply hurt too bad and I am nearly in tears. The closest I get to running is about 3.7mph on the treadmill with a very fast walking near light jog pace. It's the only way to keep them happy and me moving without tears. I am sincerely hoping that after I lose more weight and inches (only 25 pounds and -36 inches thus far, the last 8 weeks) and the twins go down that I will be able to handle running again.

You should feel proud...I am proud for you. And again...so envious!!!! Keep up the outstanding work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!