Have you inspired others to exercise?

Options
Just by setting an example, people seeing your progress... have you inspired other people to get fit too?

I just started running and my bf now wants to run with me (without me even asking).
Some of my social media friends have started exercising more, 2 are starting C25K since I mentioned that's how I started.

Just curious about others and any chain fitness reactions out there. :happy:

Replies

• Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Apparently I motivated folks in my office to start walking . . . I walk at lunch and having lost almost 90 lbs they seem to believe walking is going to help them lose weight :smile:

I am not saying it is not good for them but as we know weight loss starts in the kitchen, funny thing they never want to hear about that part!

I do have one friend that have going to the gym on weekday mornings now and we workout 3 days a week, so now we are starting to working on his weekend mornings :smile:
  • AmZam05
    AmZam05 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Ever since I started walking on my lunch break, my coworker who delivers mail from the other building has started walking up to our building instead of driving. It feels good knowing that I made a positive impact!
  • VitaminAmy
    VitaminAmy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Walking is great motivation!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Not so much inspired - more cajoled, debated and bullied my mum into the weight room :laugh:

(It's not parental abuse btw, she likes it now)
  • VitaminAmy
    VitaminAmy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Not so much inspired - more cajoled, debated and bullied my mum into the weight room :laugh:

(It's not parental abuse btw, she likes it now)

lol nice :laugh:
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    No. I try to discourage others from working out. More room in the gym that way.
  • JeralynSh
    JeralynSh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I've inspired my husband. He's now running 5Ks with me every Sunday. We have a fun group that gets together to do them and the number of people has increased each week! AND he's ow running every morning before he leaves for work. I'm very proud of him. I never cajoled. He just saw that it was working for me.
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Does getting up and leaving the room count as exercise? If so then yes, I am very inspirational.
  • BetterKimmer
    BetterKimmer Posts: 178 Member
    Options

Bahahaha! Good Idea! Working out is bad,... really, really bad. Don't do it. ***as she is still waiting for a bench to open up***
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I inspired my mom. She's had MS for 12-ish years, and I accidentally pointed out some muscle atrophy in her leg when I saw her last Christmas (I'd never seen it before, and wasn't sure what I was looking at). I've been into weight lifting for three years now, and just my one comment was enough for her to start adding weights to her usual cardio-only routine at the gym. She asked me for some safe leg exercises to protect her knees, and has made some great progress. Really proud of her. :D
  • RobertHButler
    Options
    I tried to have a family togetherness day at the gym, which lasted two sessions.We did 30 mins. on the treadmill,30 mins. on the stationary bike and went through the strength training circuit. After the second week my wife and daughter started coming up with excuses to stay home and never went again.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options

Brilliant!
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm... I hear from a lot of the women who work in the same building as me that they wish they were as dedicated as I am. I walk 15 minutes twice day in a hallway outside the different businesses. Back and forth, back and forth. However no one else has started doing this.

Kind of funny, but I was walking one day (in the hallway) and someone visiting the lawyers' offices told me he thought I was going to walk right into the wall at the end of the hallway. :)
  • jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    my best mate asked me the other day to please stop losing weight as its making him look fatter.. lol so i talked him into getting fitter once we have been to New York next week .. i doubt he will last long as he's very fickle
  • Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Nope everyone I know is lazy as hell
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Me! The persons in my office at work have been commenting how I inspire them by taking my own home-cooked breakfast and lunch (and sometimes dinner). Almost all of them have started bringing their own lunch too. And a few have started working out.