R.I.P. Robin Williams

Options

Replies

• nihhhfg
    nihhhfg Posts: 6
    Options
    Flubber was my favourite film from childhood... Genuinely saddened to hear of his death.
  • kdhamner
    kdhamner Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Makes me so sad :cry: I'm absolutely heartbroken to hear this news. :brokenheart: R.I.P. Robin Williams :cry:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    This is so sad, he was such a wonderfully funny, insightful and sensitive man. My heart goes out to his family. :frown:
  • _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Flubber was my favourite film from childhood... Genuinely saddened to hear of his death.

Oh my gosh I forgot about Flubber!!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I just heard. R.I.P.
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Horrible, just sick over it.
  • Megais
    Megais Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    :cry:
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    A celebrity death has never bothered me, even a little bit...until now.

Strangely I agree. I never thought he'd be one to do that. I'm not one to idolize actors/actresses but he just seemed like a cool guy.

Apparently he was battling drug addiction and maybe that was the cause. Either way he'll be missed.
  • Soccermavrick
    Soccermavrick Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    DAMN!!!! He will be missed. One of a kind!!!
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    OMG Mind BLOWN - Robin Williams, Gone. Suicide. WOW!! I fight my Depression/Anxiety Every Single Day and I am lucky I've never had thoughts of suicide, but WOW, Speechless, Totally Speechless.
  • lna_1981
    lna_1981 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Dead poets society, patch adams, old dogs, jumanji, hook....some of my most faves
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    So sad - such a terrible tragedy when someone is so overwhelmed that they decide to make that choice.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    This morning, I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one of its most beloved artists and beautiful human beings. I am utterly heartbroken. On behalf of Robin's family, we are asking for privacy during our time of profound grief. As he is remembered, it is our hope that the focus will not be on Robin's death but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions.

^Statement from his wife. I like this idea.

robin-williams-5-1.gif?w=500&h=207
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    He was a part of one of my favorite childhood memories....watching Mork & Mindy with my Mom....

If you need any further evidence that depression is a powerful, soul sucking disease, look no further than the tragic death of Robin Williams, a man that dedicated his life to making other people happy, yet couldn't find a way out of the darkness himself. Rest in peace, funny man.
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Luke_I_am_your_spotter Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    He was a funny actor, but Ill always remember him as one of the funniest stand up comedians.

This always makes me laugh every time I watch it. He will be missed.

http://youtu.be/cvF8ImF0K5s
  • FatOldBat
    FatOldBat Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Yes, rest in peace, Robin, your suffering is over.
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Farewell O Captain my Captain. May you find the peace you have been searching for. Be there not temptation nor sadness. Carried on to the next life.

Thank you for brightening my childhood with your movies and opening my mind with others like Dead Poet Society and The Birdcage. You left an impact on this world with your charity, humility, and laughter. Goodnight Mr Williams.

:sad:

rsz_110497465_10203656173956689_8159761965259345728_o.jpg
  • shutch2112
    shutch2112 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I need to watch Dead Poet's Society, Mrs. Doubtfire, and Fern Gully (I know it's animated, but, he's amazing in that. "Price check on Prune Juice Bob!"). What Dream May Come was one of my favorite movies of all time, but it may be too soon. :brokenheart:

I'm just devestated.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Have loved him for so many years its hard to remember. I saw a stand up routine he did when he was basically an unknown comic. Way before mork and mindy. R I P you funny funny man.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    wow I'm speechless I didn't believe it when it first post by ne of my friends so sad :noway: :brokenheart: :sad: