Do you think this will keep me full for until lunch?

Options
I eat breakfast at 6:40 and lunch at 12:30. We're volunteering at church for a few days to help fix up elderly and disabled people's houses (like adding porches and ramps). I cannot eat in between except for sucking on a peppermint.
Yesterday, my stomach started growling like crazy at 11:00. I ate a Cliff bar that morning.
Here's my plan for tomorrow:
Cinnamon and spice flavored oatmeal (120 cal)
Strawberry Banana flavored Greek yogurt (80 cal)
I've never eaten oatmeal before. Will the instant brand along with the yogurt keep me full?

Replies

• jillyrose0711
    jillyrose0711 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If you're going that long between meals, you should consider eating a higher-calorie breakfast. Add in some fresh fruit, maybe a spoonful of peanut butter in your oatmeal, a handful of nuts or something like that =)
  • Bijou86
    Bijou86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've noticed when I eat (hard boiled) eggs for breakfast (add in maybe some Ezekiel sprouted bread w/ avocado + black pepper) I'm full even past lunch time. If you like oatmeal, I'd echo the other poster and add some type of nut or nut butter and fruit to hold you through. Good luck!
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would eat a bit more-- add an egg to your breakfast :)
  • bluecat145
    bluecat145 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the responses. I just wanted to note a) I really prefer saving calories for the end of the day so I can have a nice dessert and b) I can't cook outside of using a microwave. Do you have any other ideas for a quick, easy breakfast under 300 calories?
  • haildodger
    haildodger Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Cereal?
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the responses. I just wanted to note a) I really prefer saving calories for the end of the day so I can have a nice dessert and b) I can't cook outside of using a microwave. Do you have any other ideas for a quick, easy breakfast under 300 calories?

A packet of 100 cal almonds would put this right at 300. If you are doing manual labor, you'll need the extra fuel!