sorta worried..

Options
I am 25 male, roughly 225lbs, about 6 foot 1 or 6 foot 2, I have noticeable man boobs an its a HUGE insecurity issue with me. well been doing chest workouts an cardio workouts (walking, biking) to help slim down, drinking plenty of water an TRYING my hardest to eat right. my concern is that when I start loosing weight an slimming down, with the workouts I mentioned above, will my man boobs be saggy?...

because I REALLY do not want that...

Replies

• CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Imho I would say no. Unless you have HUGE BOOBS. You are young and not that overweight. Your skin should shrink along with you.
  • JMann191
    JMann191 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Imho I would say no. Unless you have HUGE BOOBS. You are young and not that overweight. Your skin should shrink along with you.
    okay thanks for the input. It's just always worried me. any advice you can give me to aid in my process in loosing them?
  • leahraskie
    leahraskie Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Don't lose the weight too fast or your skin won't be able to keep up with the shrinking, then they might look a little weird or get stretch marks. Find a gradual plan that'll help you lose.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Staying hydrated and getting plenty of nutrients including healthy fats MAY help. Over all it is going to come down to age and genetics but I think you have really great chances of not having saggy skin. If you were 200+ pounds overweight, that would be a different story.
  • JMann191
    Options
    Staying hydrated and getting plenty of nutrients including healthy fats MAY help. Over all it is going to come down to age and genetics but I think you have really great chances of not having saggy skin. If you were 200+ pounds overweight, that would be a different story.
    I agree, thank you! =)
  • JMann191
    Options
    Don't lose the weight too fast or your skin won't be able to keep up with the shrinking, then they might look a little weird or get stretch marks. Find a gradual plan that'll help you lose.
    how would u loose weight too fast? still new to this weight lose, dieting stuff so yea lol.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Make sure to incorporate strength / weight training in your workout routine, this will help greatly!
  • leahraskie
    leahraskie Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    how would u loose weight too fast? still new to this weight lose, dieting stuff so yea lol.

Crash dieting, restricting your calories way too low can do that. MFP gives the weight suggestions for lbs lost per week, 1-2lb a week and below wouldn't effect you too badly. It should give the skin some time to regenerate itself properly, it totally recycles itself in 27 days, that's from the bottom to the top layer.
  • dan_hansen
    Options
    If you don't lose weight then you'll definitely have man boobs. Worry about the weight and understand that this is an ongoing process. You'll lose the weight, have a little loose skin but it'll tone up. The longer you wait though the worse it'll be.