New here...hoping to find support & to provide support

Options
Hi everyone.

just wanted to introduce myself as I officially signed up to mfp today. I have been lurking the forums for a few weeks and figured I might as well join and ask questions. I started my weight loss journey at 139 lbs the last week of July. I had avoided weighing myself even though I knew I had been gaining weight over the spring. I was walking daily so I thought that would be enough to curb any weight gain...but I was eating my emotions and eating horribly. I started making changes in my eating; along with 35 minute walk/jogging during lunch break 3 days a week. I also walk (brisk) 20 minutes every morning Monday to Friday from my apartment to the train stop. The first 6 pounds came off like that as I imagined they would but I would like to set a more ambitious goal of getting closer to 120 lbs. I have been stable at +/- 130 lbs for just over two years now (gaining when I feel depressed and eat my emotions). I feel like getting closer to 120 would make me feel better about my appearance (I believe I am apple shaped. Even when I was thin in my young years I always had a bit of belly. I would like to get my mid section as small as it can get as I have accepted that I will probably never have a flat stomach). My big concern at the moment is stalling at +/-130 lbs. I have dropped the extra 5-6-7 lbs before but never really move under 128-129. I really want to work and be motivated to get closer to 120 lbs and be able to maintain.

Thank you for this forum to express a little about me, what I am feeling, and what I hope to achieve. I hope to get to know you all better over the course of the next few months. Thanks Marie.

Replies

• keninf
    keninf Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    We can always use more friends, support and encouragement on our journey- feel free to add me if you like. I try to log every day, have been holding between 133 and 135 for about a year, would like to get below 130, but have also accepted that I would like to do more weight training and thus perhaps not get too low- so, for now, I fluctuate little, log my foods (unless I am out of internet areas) and check in with friends as able.
  • bettyboops33
    bettyboops33 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Marie!

Welcome here! I am new too, and my story is similar I would like to get under the 140 mark! I hope this site is more support and motivation :)
  • Theory13
    Theory13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you Marie! My name is Valencia. You can definitely add me if you'd like. I've been on here a long time - trying to lose quite a bit more than you though, haha. We can all use more friends and supporters! Good luck on your journey! :)