Detox

Options
Does anyone know of a good detox to try? I've never done a detox before, but I heard that you get really good results with them. I just don't know which one to try.

Replies

• ChrissyMcDi
    Options
    The Jillian Michaels Cleanse is supposed to be very good.
  • heatherjbw
    Options
    Hi, Ashly~
    I use a detox diet supported by Transitions Lifestyle System which was developed by Dr. Shari Leiberman. I believe you can get it by purchasing her book "Dare to Lose". It essentially a plant-based diet for a week; no fat, carbs, sugar (or as low as possible). You can have a little protein if needed; I definitely have a little baked chicken or a veggie burger or two throughout the week. The idea is that you want to give your digestive system a rest and a chance to clear out, so to speak. Lots of water, herbal tea, and detox tea if you can stand it (the one with lemon is not so bad).

I'm in day 3 of mine; I've done it two other times for the complete week. It's hard; last night I would have killed someone for a piece of bread! But I've found that by the end of the week I feel better in general, plus my taste/cravings for carbs and sugar are greatly diminished. Dr. Leiberman recommends a detox diet no more often than once a season or so (every 3-4 months) and to really take care of yourself during that week. I have to keep busy or I obsess about food, or the lack thereof, particularly at night.
  • Nataliethin81
    Options
    I just ordered the Detox Drop by Robert Ferguson. I've had a few friends that have done it and that really liked it so I thought I would give it a shot. Here is the site if you want more information:

http://www.detoxdrop.com/
  • jaybaileys
    Options
    Shakeology has a 3 day cleanse that is pretty good. Its the only cleanse Ive done so I cant compare it to anything else. I can email it to you if you'd like.
  • AshlyNichole03
    Options
    I've seen that book before & thought about trying it! I may just do so & I'll let ya know how it goes! Thanks!
  • AshlyNichole03
    Options
    That would be great if you could email it to me! I want to try a variety of things to see which works best or which one would work best for me. Thank you!
  • claire0928
    claire0928 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing Clean which is a cleanse by Dr. Alejandro Junger. (Book named the same). So far so good and even though it's not targeted for weight loss I am losing! Very strict on what you can eat but I read a lot of reviews and people really seemed to like it.
  • MrsFoster18
    MrsFoster18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    bump.

I am curious about different types of detoxes as well.
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just completed a detox diet by Joy Bauer on the Today show. It was very easy to follow (I only did for 3 days) and I lost about 4lbs in those 3 days. I did cheat a bit with some cheese and veggie snack at an event I had to go to as well. You can follow it up to 7 days and the main idea is just to remove all processed foods out of your diet. It was a great way to jump start my diet after the holidays and having bronchitis so I couldn't exercise.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/40949320/ns/today-today_health/