I feel like the weight is coming off too slow :(

Options
Most of the time I'm losing under a pound a week and considering I want to lose a few stone, and I'm going on holiday end of November I wanted to feel better about how I look but I feel like this is such a long process and I need to lose more weight every week :( been doing it about a month and have lost 5lb, none of my clothes are baggier etc yet :(

Is anyone else in the same boat? Or anyone can help me x

Replies

• the_summer_belle
    the_summer_belle Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    its taken me 6 months to loose 7.4 kilos and ive been exercising at least 4 -6 days a week, sometimes it does happen slowly but dont give up results will come and watch yr food as well make sure its all healthy and your in a calorie deficit at the end of the day
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I feel you because I feel the same way. But the weight will come off when it comes off. Better to do it slow than not at all
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    It takes time to lose the weight. You didn't gain all of it over night. You can't lose weight overnight either.

Sometimes it takes time before you begin to see results. Just continue eating healthy and exercise. It will come off eventually
  • chellypom
    Options
    I am in the same boat I loose and then I gain I do all the same things everyday. I am obsessed with weighing myself everyday but i fear i will weigh more then next day than I did today. I think I am going weight loss crazy LOL. I want to get to 10 pounds lost so bad my goal is to loose 50lbs. Just keep swimming just keep swimming.:sad:

9727258.png
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat I loose and then I gain I do all the same things everyday. I am obsessed with weighing myself everyday but i fear i will weigh more then next day than I did today. I think I am going weight loss crazy LOL. I want to get to 10 pounds lost so bad my goal is to loose 50lbs. Just keep swimming just keep swimming.:sad:

9727258.png

You know it's water weight and you weigh more heavy during the day right? The best thing to do is to stop weighing yourself during the day. The best day to weigh is after you get up, go to the bathroom then weigh yourself.

Don't let this discourage you from getting to your goals.

Make sure you have a good scale. I find some of the digitals change their minds by five pounds. It took 75 dollars and three scales later before finding a good reliable one.
  • michikade
    michikade Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    The most irritating part of weight loss is the harsh fact that weight loss is not linear. Sometimes you can do the exact same thing two weeks in a row and one week you don't lose anything but the next you lose two pounds. Not to mention the normal bodyweight fluctuations during the day based on water consumption and/or retention.

There's not much wrong with losing 5 lbs in a month. That comes out to right around to a little over a pound a week which is a sustainable weight loss rate. However, if your current goal was any different than that, I suppose the next logical question is: how are you measuring your food? Do you have a kitchen scale? Most people tend to underestimate calories consumed without specific measurements - it's pretty hard to be precise with measuring cups. Also, MFP tends to overestimate the caloric burn of exercise so it could inflate what you expect to lose versus reality.
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Well done! 5lb in a month is fantastic! I sincerely mean that! I know it's frustrating to lose slower than you would like but losing slow means losing it more permanently most likely, it means you are more likely to be setting up habits. I lose really slowly, but the scales and the tape measure can tell you two different things. In the last 2 months I have lost a total of wait for it ... 300grams! Hahaha I eat at deficit consistently too. But you just gotta keep going my dear, cos your body is changing.