obsessed with food

I've been doing pretty good with my eating habits during the morning and lunchtime. I work with kids and we have snack at about 3:30 which is when I start eating the most! After about 5:00 I grab whatever food I can find and stuff my face with and I can't stop!! Does anyone have any tips for controlling impulsive eating from snacktime until dinnertime?

Replies

• koneill
    koneill Posts: 26
    I've been doing pretty good with my eating habits during the morning and lunchtime. I work with kids and we have snack at about 3:30 which is when I start eating the most! After about 5:00 I grab whatever food I can find and stuff my face with and I can't stop!! Does anyone have any tips for controlling impulsive eating from snacktime until dinnertime?
  • amandastamey
    amandastamey Posts: 67 Member
    Eat 6 meals a day. Eat a lot of protein to keep you full.
  • praire
    praire Posts: 73
    I am finding that if i am feeling hungry before supper i drink water, who has time to eat if you are constantly running to bathroom lol. But really instead of grabbing food grab your water bottle. I love drinking water, i know lots of people dont like water, but it cleanses your body that is what has been getting me through the begginning of my journey, reaching for the water bottle.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Yeah...drink LOTS of water. And maybe bring some "safer" snacks for yourself. High fiber crackers or some filling fruit. Celery with PB. Is it possible for you to eat an earlier dinner? Hopefully this helps.

*Kistinbee*
  • koneill
    koneill Posts: 26
    I should start drinking more water before dinner anyway. Ur right I cant eat if I'm in the bathroom! I'll try an earlier dinner too and bring healthy snacks to work. I guess it's all about willpower for me. Thanks for the tips guys! It's great to have some support!!:flowerforyou:
  • i know exactly what you mean.. I have been completely frustrated with diet and weight loss... I have seen a nutientionist for six months and feel like i am going no where... She also recommended more protein helps you feel full longer... I told her carbs fills me up better but the protein does keep me fullier longer... Good luck to you and your struggles :ohwell:
  • keira
    keira Posts: 25
    I am finding that if i am feeling hungry before supper i drink water, who has time to eat if you are constantly running to bathroom lol. But really instead of grabbing food grab your water bottle. I love drinking water, i know lots of people dont like water, but it cleanses your body that is what has been getting me through the begginning of my journey, reaching for the water bottle.

I started my new diet based on drinking water as well....it triggered something in my brain to stop eating so much...well that and watching "you are what you eat"...that show will scare you straight for sure.
  • keira
    keira Posts: 25

As for you. I had the same problem...Everything these days tastes so good, so you HAVE to drink water. It will make plain food taste amazing in comparison. Plus you can eat as many veggies as you want so if you want to binge, eat a whole bag of carrots...once you lose 5lbs, youll feel more motivated to eat less.
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Chew some gum also. If your mouth feels nice and clean, you will be less likely to grab the snacks.