To all nutrition and fitness junkies, which do you prefer?

Options
Do you prefer eating more and exercising more?

Or do very little exercise whilst eating less?

Just want to know how you all go about it. ^u^

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I exercise as much as I need to in order to get the work done --ALL of my exercise is farm work, gardening, taking care of horses, haying, etc., no gym type exercising at all--and I eat whatever I want to. Works for me.
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I exercise so I can eat whatever I want (within reason ... everthing in moderation of course lol)

I love food :love:
  • GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I am training for a specific goal, so I eat according to the training I am doing at the moment.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    It depends. If my back feels like it has a holy spike of hell stuck in it, I don't exercise at all and I eat much less.

If it's so-so I get do a 20 minute walk and the rest from calorie restriction.

If I'm feeling like a shiny new penny, I can pile up 800 calories in exercise and eat more of what I want.
  • steveyinasia
    steveyinasia Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am learning to enjoy the exercise part again, so many years away from it and now it's great to be back. The eating part is a bonus after a hard workout.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    I train in order to achieve performance related goals rather than weightloss.

I organise my nutrition to support that.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I eat delicious & nutritional foods in quantities that support whatever activity level I have at the time. Usually its a rather active life, with occasional brief times off.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I am not a big exerciser, some walking and swimming every week. I guess I prefer to eat a little less than to do a lot of exercising.
  • adawson55510
    adawson55510 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Eat more and train more :)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I'd more describe myself as a full time professional/mom.

The suggested minimum of exercise is 30 minutes of vigorous physical activity five times a week. I run about 2.5 hours a week (I want to build up to 4 hours, so I can be fit to run a 10k whenever I want). I also to 20-30 minutes of body weight training three times a week so I can be strong for my kids and avoid running injury.

This gives me enough calories to easily meet my nutritional needs and not worry about the occasional splurge.
    default Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    it depends on what your goals are, provide more information.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I train in order to achieve performance related goals rather than weightloss.

I organise my nutrition to support that.

This or at least I try to do this.