Desperation vs. intellect

Options
Sorry I need to rant.. I am trying to undo the mess I made during two week long vacations. In my head I thought the weight would come off faster. Now I am playing mind games with myself. I have found myself googling weight loss supplements even though I know they are a bad idea. Intellectually I know I have a good plan and I have to trust it. I guess apart of me still wants that silver bullet. This is why I feel like all those weight loss plans and supplement programs are borderline unethical. Cause right now I'd lay down a lot of cash to get the results I am so desperate to see. *sigh*. Wishing patience was one of my virtues.. :o(

Replies

• rougenoire
    rougenoire Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey at least you have the self awareness to recognise this and distracting yourself here will hopefully strengthen your perseverence muscles. I think it may be time to give yourself a break :)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I agree, they are borderline unethical. However, one can't fully place the blame on them, similar to how one can't blame McD's for making them fat. It all comes down to making the right choices. And good for you for doing just that!

Anyway, try spicing up your renewed efforts. Try new recipes, new exercises. That's what usually helps me when I'm in a slump. Think of something you might want and put the money aside that you would've spent on pills for that. Treat yourself to a mani/pedi or some new piece of clothing. You got this!