5'1" and 165 lbs

Options

Replies

• fmatson84
    Options
    Hi! I am currently 5'2 and 165.4 lbs. I started my weight loss journey a month ago after my husband had weight loss surgery due to health complications, of which, he has already lost 50 plus pounds! :smile: I just turned 29, and he is 33. Married for 5 years and we have 3 children. His weight loss motivated myself to shed some lbs! I started off at 188...which was my heaviest. I have managed to loose 23lbs thus far just by watching calories. I try and stay within 1,000-1,200 calorie diet. I've completely sworn away pop and drink mainly water or skim milk. In my dream world, I would LOVE to get down to my pre pregnancy weight of 126...however would totally settle and be extremely thrilled to get down to 135ish. I work 40 hours a week and have a desk job so exercise is pretty much non existent. It looks like from reviewing this board we all have somewhat similar goals! :love: Anyone feel free to add me. Encouragement is defiantly our friend!! :wink:
  • charliejenny
    charliejenny Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yes yes please add me...not only am I 5.1 157lb but I have the appetite of a ten foot man lol xx I'm well on my way to beating the lard am enjoying every moment, but I'm constantly hungry. Would love to have some Shorty's to join me on my journey. I'm highly motivated and always smiling xx add me add me
  • niharika9887
    niharika9887 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, is this still open?
    I am at 146.6 lb, 5ft. Looking to reach 125-130, 135 if toned. Glad to find the board!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Alex, I'm a 25 yr old SAHM of a toddler. Almost 5'1"
    SW: 167lbs (7/2013)
    CW: 121lbs
    GW: ~115lbs

I solely rely on my dumbbells & workout from home. I Youtube Jillian Michaels workouts & www.fitnessblender.com. I do not wear a HRM or weigh my food. I try to net 1350/day (eyeballing my food, I probably net 1500-1700/day) & workout 30mins daily (HIIT, Pilates, Yoga, Kickboxing, Strength Training, Low Impact Cardio).

Anyone can feel free to add me. I log daily & support my friends :)
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I am 5' and 52 years old. I have been doing MFP for over a year. I spin 3 times a week and have recently added Pure Barre 2 times a week this month. I have only lost 6 pounds and it can be discouraging, but I am convinced that without keeping track I would weigh more than 157. It is great to hear that there are others petites who have the same issue. I will say that the Pure Barre is 'hard as hell' but I already see results in the way my clothes fit. Keep moving and keep track on MFP. You are young and upbeat so I am sure you'll start to see results soon! Question for those who are having success. Do you eat all of your calories with exercise?

I rarely eat all my exercise calories because I think mfp estimates are generally high. A HRM will give you the most accurate reading of calories burned. I strive to eat no more than half of my exercise calories though.
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    5'0" currently at 166, goal weight 118ish. Feel free to add me too!
  • Sweetchar417
    Sweetchar417 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I am 5'3" and 172 right now. I have gotten into running and I want to start lifting as soon as I get up the courage go in the weight room. I would like to get down to 120. I am really focusing right now on getting to 140 by my birthday in August. I need to step it up because I haven't made the best food choices lately and I continue to let the cold weather be an excuse for not working out (even though I work at a gym. Sad, I know). I am down for new friends and support. Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • itsjenn37
    itsjenn37 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'1" and am currently 165 lbs. My first goal weight is 140 lbs. Add me! :)
  • sailindani
    sailindani Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Im 5' 2'' and 162.9 this morning, Started at 183 in May... so Im feeling pretty good about how far I have come so far. But of course in the beginning it was a little easier as I would see the scale move quicker :) I am newly married.. (2 weeks ago) and have 2 step children (9 and 11 boys). We would love to have a child of our own as well (either birth or adoption). I am really trying to spend some time on ME first, mentally and physically. My goal is to reach 150 by by birthday in October, and then I would love to be 140 by the end of the year. I have found setting small goals has really motivated me. I really would LOVE to be 130 by the end of the year.. but I think 140 is more attainable! Oh I also eat a gluten and dairy free diet, so thats a little more challenging and I am really tying to deal with that as it is new for me. Feel free to add me
  • jam1010
    jam1010 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    hi! 5'1 here, and weigh 148lbs. my goal is 125 lbs. my biggest enemy is white rice, i really eat it big time.
  • macfaydengirl
    macfaydengirl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    hi! 5'1 here, and weigh 148lbs. my goal is 125 lbs. my biggest enemy is white rice, i really eat it big time.

I'm 5ft 1/2". At my heaviest I was around 230lbs. I'm currently 151 lbs hoping to get to 120 :-(. A girl can dream, right? lol. Feel free to add me.
  • justbecause2014
    justbecause2014 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'3 :) I currently weigh 160. I'd like to get down to a toned 130! Let's be friends!
  • GreenMantle
    GreenMantle Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'1 and between 150 and 148- my scale's on it's last leg, so I guess at some point I'm going to need to get one that works :/

If you're looking for an indoor exercise method (I live in Houston where it's typically too hot to work out outdoors, so sort of the opposite of your problem) I am seriously loving my recumbent bike! I also had some pretty good results from jumping rope indoors in the past.
  • nikknight
    nikknight Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have similar stats. 5'1'' 164# goal 135# Add me on MFP or Fitbit! https://www.fitbit.com/user/2RMN4G
  • macfaydengirl
    macfaydengirl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1'' and about 150 right now, but I started at 180, and my goal is the same as yours - 130! (: I rely on walking for exercise, although I also swim, bike, and play Dance Dance Revolution.

Very similar stats! If you ignore the fact that I'm 1/2 inch shorter :-).
  • Shereewhitney88
    Shereewhitney88 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am a bit taller than you, 5'3 (and a half) and I am between 160-163 pounds my goal is 130-140 pounds or where ever I feel happy =) feel free to add me peeps :flowerforyou:
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Hi girls :smile: I'm 5ft1.

SW 163
    CW 157
    GW 123

My weight has stayed the same the last few weeks but I seem to have got a bit smaller :smile: It is mid cycle for me and I retain water so maybe I will have a nice surprise on the scale soon! Feel free to add, I love having petite friends :flowerforyou:
  • Soapytime
    Soapytime Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    5'0" and started at 165 lbs myself. It's only been a week for me but I'm down 2 lbs! I would love to get down to 120-115 range. I can't even remember what it was like to be that small (it's been 14 years). I can barely believe it's possible. When I see others start out where I am now and then see them succeed, it blows my mind. It's very inspirational.
  • missbutton82
    missbutton82 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I'm 5'1 and currently at 167.. current goal is to get to 150 and then I'll go from there.

SW: 191
    CW: 167.1
    GW: 150 (At this time I'll re-evaluate where I want to be)

Please feel free to add me. I love the extra motivation and also love to give motivation. :)
  • dw4378
    dw4378 Posts: 35
    Options
    Many of you have similiar goals as mine and would love to have more friends that can keep me motivated.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!