Quick Low calorie, low carb pizza crust

Options
AwesomeGuy37
AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
Sorry in advance it is not gluten free
Does not contain cauliflower
I am sorry I don't have a camera, but if someone tries this they may be real nice and take a screeny of their pizza. :smile:
If anyone can use this recipe, then my job is done.

Yields: about an 8 inch personal pizza crust. (173 calories, 5 carbs)

What you need:
parchment paper
a flat pan, cookie sheet, OR pizza pan
oven preheated to 450 degrees
small bowl

Ingredients:
Vital Wheat Gluten - 1/4 cup (30 grams)
Egg Whites, from a carton - 4 Tbsp. (60 grams)
Grated Parmesan Cheese - 1 Tbsp. (5 grams)

Directions:
You will want to prepare all of your toppings for the pizza ahead of time because this crust gets done pretty quick and you only get to heat your toppings and melt the cheese.

Measure out all ingredients, exactly, into a small bowl.
Mix and fold well until it makes a little ball of "dough".
Place a sheet of parchment paper on your pan.
Place dough on the center of the paper.
Use your hands and lightly work the dough thin as you can get it. It should be about an 8 inch circle. It is not the consistency of dough, but rather like oatmeal? maybe? You will see. Don't worry too much about small holes as they will fill in as it bakes.
Place it in already preheated oven at 450 degrees for 4 minutes. (yes only 4 minutes!)
Now we are half done.
Take the crust out of the oven.
FLIP IT OVER!
Add your sauce and pre-made toppings and cheese.
Place pizza in the oven for about 5 more minutes.
Enjoy!

Replies

• AwesomeGuy37
    Options
    Contains 31g protein. forgot to mention.
    Can also be used for wraps after 4 minutes in oven.
    I would never post recipes that don't taste good.
    This is an original recipe.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Sounds good and fast! Will have to try this one when I need a quick meal!
  • booksgiver
    booksgiver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You're definitely awesome...thank you for this as I've been looking for a better crust than cauliflower.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    What's vital wheat gluten?
  • AwesomeGuy37
    Options
    You're definitely awesome...thank you for this as I've been looking for a better crust than cauliflower.

I made the cauliflower one, and then this one. All my friends like this one better. One did say she rather use regular pizza crust, but that defeats the whole purpose.
  • AwesomeGuy37
    Options
    What's vital wheat gluten?

It is a protein found in wheat. The best way to describe it is the stuff that holds pizza dough together. You can buy it in most supermarkets. I use Bob's Red Mill brand. It is on the isle with flour and spices. I paid about $7 for a 1lb. 6oz. size at Walmart.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    What??? I'm pretty damn smart and I didn't know vital wheat gluten was low in carbs. Thanks!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Hmm, looks easy enough...and I actually do have all the ingredients.

Hope someone does make it and posts a screeny, need the visual to work it into the diary this week:flowerforyou:
  • justdoitgrace
    Options
    31g of protein! Nice! Thanks for uploading this recipe!
  • AwesomeGuy37
    Options
    What??? I'm pretty damn smart and I didn't know vital wheat gluten was low in carbs. Thanks!

I had no idea until I read the label. I couldn't find the almond flour I was originally looking for. Lucky me.
  • jnations56
    Options
    I have the recipe you have been waiting for. It is better than ALL the rest. I promise. I have tried them. Here it is:
    Low carb tortillas (Walmart has plenty)
    Great Value Pizza sauce (it's lower in carbs than the name brand and delish)
    Mozzarella Cheese (shredded or fresh)
    Pepperoni and/or whatever meats and veggies
    Butter
    Basil
    Oregano
    Red pepper flakes
    Parmesan cheese

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 400
    Lay tortilla cookie sheet or pizza stone preferably that is sprayed with cooking spray
    Melt some butter in a small dish or bowl (about 2 tbsp)
    When melted, sprinkle in some basil and oregano into the butter and brush onto top of tortilla
    Bake for approx 6 minutes or until crust begins to get crispy on sides (sides will come up but that's fine)
    Remove from oven and flip it over and repeat with brushing on the butter mixture but this time add some red pepper flakes
    Put back in oven about 3 or 4 more minutes depending on how crispy you like it
    Remove from oven and brush on just enough sauce to cover it. A little goes a long way.
    Cover with mozzarella and other toppings and return to oven until just melted
    Remove and add some Parmesan cheese and cut into 4 slices with pizza cutter.
    Enjoy your new favorite meal!!
  • PaulaPalooza
    PaulaPalooza Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Stumbled on this looking for a better version of my absolute favorite food-

question: can you double the recipe and make a bigger crust or does this work best with small pizzas?

I'm trying this today. And probably every other day for the rest of my life. :-D